Re: Why I want Solo/Duos EA Plz listen

by SxyAlphaBeastNJ

Original Post

★ Guide

@warslag 

"I think some of you are assuming that all the players whose gameplay you don't like will just migrate to a solo or duo mode if and when those modes are available."

Actually they will.. In this game you have 2 types of randoms.. A solo player and a duo player... Believe, if solo's were an option, I would be playing them constantly, and predicting a ton of wins...  If duo's were an option, those 2 friends that are joking "I wonder how bad our random will be" would be playing duo mode. No one wants to play with randoms...  

@Paneross 

I told you before, you are preaching to the choir. I know your pain, that's why I told you to just do your thing, and if you die, quit out. Don't give your team a chance to get your banner, cause odds are they are just going too loot your box the moment they have it, which is only going to get you more frustrated. So save yourself from the stress you don't need. QUIT as soon as you are dead..  If you are just downed, give them the opportunity to pick you up, but dead is dead.. Just quit and start a new game.. 

Message 11 of 22 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ  You're assuming that solo queue would solve your problems in squads. Why should the developers spend months working on a separate game mode just to solve a side issue you're having in another game mode? That's an incredibly conceited and selfish way of looking at things. Raised eyebrow

Message 12 of 22 (292 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag 

A side issue? Besides hackers (and that's only PC), it's one of the most discussed topics...  And you called me daft?    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Message 13 of 22 (288 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ  Yes, your issue is a side issue. Because it is easily solved by finding regular teammates or just having a more open minded view of how to play Apex.

Message 14 of 22 (285 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag 

Don't worry, I won't be commenting on this anymore here.. I found a way to prove which one of us is correct.. 

Message 15 of 22 (279 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ  Correct about what?

Message 16 of 22 (273 Views)

★ Guide

The extent of how bad the SOLO mode is needed. 

Message 17 of 22 (267 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@warslag wrote:

Ultimately, games work best with friends. Apex and Origin don't make that easy but you can do it if you make a plan.

But yet the highest grossing video game of all time is SOLO ONLY!  Highest grossing BR? Yep, it has solo. What planet are you on buddy?

Message 18 of 22 (236 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@karchkiraly1 wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Ultimately, games work best with friends. Apex and Origin don't make that easy but you can do it if you make a plan.

But yet the highest grossing video game of all time is SOLO ONLY!  Highest grossing BR? Yep, it has solo. What planet are you on buddy?

Which game are you referring to? Wondering

Message 19 of 22 (221 Views)

★★ Guide

@ShadoWawker wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@Paneross 

Well done on making a constructive thread on a quite emotive topic.

I think that Apex is great at giving choices to players on how they want to play.

But you have to accept that other players won't always choose what you would choose. And that can be mega frustrating.

You have to come up with a few ways to get around this.

Make some friends. Make a lot of friends. Make sure they mostly play the way you like and that you enjoy playing with them. Or just kick them and get some more.

If you are playing on your own it could be that you are going to have to do your own thing. You can try to get the best out of a bad situation.

Put it this way. We all know that players hot-drop into Skull Town. Sometimes we go there ourselves and sometimes we try to do something else. If you keep doing the thing you don't want to do you will become unhappy. I've noticed that when teammates see me split from launch they will often follow. They don't always carry on to Skull Town if I say I'm not doing it.

But you have to do what you want to do. The game presents you with choices and you have to do what's best for you.

You are giving him solutions to problems that would all be solved by adding solos into the game

The idea right now being lets make the best of a poor situation in squads and try to minimize the bs

Well how about we just remove the poor situation entirely and remove the bs entirely by adding solos into the game

You can play however you want, but you cant play solo, then you have to play the way he wants you to play. 

Message 20 of 22 (216 Views)