Re: Why I want Solo/Duos EA Plz listen

by Paneross

Original Post

Why I want Solo/Duos EA Plz listen

★★ Guide

It's so hard to join with randoms when right out the gate things go wrong. 99% of the randoms I join do this:

1. Hotdrop into Skulltown 

2. Detach from jumpmaster

3. Do not follow Pings to go to an area

4. Wander off from the team and do there own looting

5. Leave the game the second they are down

6. Leave the game when they don't get their main

7. Don't have mics

8. Have mics but use party/private chat so it really doesn't matter

9. Loot boxes in the middle of firefights

10. Don't Ping anything themselves

The argument of "the game was designed for squad play" is a stupid arguement to fall back on. Cause the Peacekeeper and Wingman were designed to be better and look at all the changes that happened to them. Caustic and Gibby were designed to suck, now they suck even less.

I'm just tired of having unreliable teammates, and my friends aren't always on and LFG can be tough when you're max level with 100+ wins. I hope something is put into the game because I'm one of MANY that would like these modes.

You might think specific Legends would be unbalanced for Solos but honestly if you think about it, I don't think  any would be.

Message 1 of 22 (501 Views)

★★ Guide

There are an overwhelming number of great reasons to add solo mode into the game

They are hurting the game every day by not adding in solos and its a real shame

Message 2 of 22 (478 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Paneross 

Well done on making a constructive thread on a quite emotive topic.

I think that Apex is great at giving choices to players on how they want to play.

But you have to accept that other players won't always choose what you would choose. And that can be mega frustrating.

You have to come up with a few ways to get around this.

Make some friends. Make a lot of friends. Make sure they mostly play the way you like and that you enjoy playing with them. Or just kick them and get some more.

If you are playing on your own it could be that you are going to have to do your own thing. You can try to get the best out of a bad situation.

Put it this way. We all know that players hot-drop into Skull Town. Sometimes we go there ourselves and sometimes we try to do something else. If you keep doing the thing you don't want to do you will become unhappy. I've noticed that when teammates see me split from launch they will often follow. They don't always carry on to Skull Town if I say I'm not doing it.

But you have to do what you want to do. The game presents you with choices and you have to do what's best for you.

Ultimately, games work best with friends. Apex and Origin don't make that easy but you can do it if you make a plan.

Message 3 of 22 (471 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@Paneross 

I think that Apex is great at giving choices to players on how they want to play.

But you have to accept that other players won't always choose what you would choose. And that can be mega frustrating.

Make some friends. Make a lot of friends. Make sure they mostly play the way you like and that you enjoy playing with them. Or just kick them and get some more.

If you are playing on your own it could be that you are going to have to do your own thing. You can try to get the best out of a bad situation.

Put it this way. We all know that players hot-drop into Skull Town. Sometimes we go there ourselves and sometimes we try to do something else. If you keep doing the thing you don't want to do you will become unhappy. I've noticed that when teammates see me split from launch they will often follow. They don't always carry on to Skull Town if I say I'm not doing it.

But you have to do what you want to do. The game presents you with choices and you have to do what's best for you.

Ultimately, games work best with friends. Apex and Origin don't make that easy but you can do it if you make a plan.

I have no issues accepting how other players want to play, but no matter how much I try to stay right next to the randoms I join the above issues still happen. Essentially making me a solo squad and putting me at a disadvantage, 1 v 3ing every encounter.

I'm 100% for playing how you want to play, which is why Solo/Duos/Squads would be perfect for the game. Everyone would get what they want and I would have no one to blame/rely on except myself in solo mode.

Message 4 of 22 (464 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Paneross wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@Paneross 

I have no issues accepting how other players want to play, but no matter how much I try to stay right next to the randoms I join the above issues still happen. Essentially making me a solo squad and putting me at a disadvantage, 1 v 3ing every encounter.

I'm 100% for playing how you want to play, which is why Solo/Duos/Squads would be perfect for the game. Everyone would get what they want and I would have no one to blame/rely on except myself in solo mode.

That's right, you would end up potentially fighting 1 vs 3 if you go on your own. But I actually kind of enjoy that. Because it doesn't happen all the time as players don't always hot-drop. So I've adapted my capacity to do my own thing or hot drop or whatever I want. That way I'm not constantly disappointed. Plus I have friends who I can team up with for intense teamwork type play.

Message 5 of 22 (456 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@Paneross 

You are giving him solutions to problems that would all be solved by adding solos into the game

The idea right now being lets make the best of a poor situation in squads and try to minimize the bs

Well how about we just remove the poor situation entirely and remove the bs entirely by adding solos into the game

Message 6 of 22 (452 Views)

★★ Guide
It really can't hurt to add solo/duos, you could still play squads if you wanted and would actually add a competitive aspect to the game.
Message 7 of 22 (437 Views)

★ Guide

@Paneross 

believe me, I have been in your shoes. Just look through the threads I created, I pretty much wrote the exact same posts... Here is some real advice, so you don't drive yourself crazy..  when the game starts, ping on the map where you want to drop. If your team drops there, great. If your team doesn't, or they quit, just follow suit. Engage an enemy, if you die, just quit and start another game.

I know this really does sounds counter-productive to what we would LOVE to see in this game, but believe me, randoms will never work together. So save yourself the stress and frustration and follow my advice..  

In fact, spend just 1 day doing it, have the mindset of "If this team works together, I will play to win. If not, I'm just here for the fun" and I promise you, you will see what I am saying is true about no stress. 

Message 8 of 22 (426 Views)

★★ Guide

@SxyAlphaBeastNJ wrote:

@Paneross 

believe me, I have been in your shoes. Just look through the threads I created, I pretty much wrote the exact same posts... Here is some real advice, so you don't drive yourself crazy..  when the game starts, ping on the map where you want to drop. If your team drops there, great. If your team doesn't, or they quit, just follow suit. Engage an enemy, if you die, just quit and start another game.

I know this really does sounds counter-productive to what we would LOVE to see in this game, but believe me, randoms will never work together. So save yourself the stress and frustration and follow my advice..  

In fact, spend just 1 day doing it, have the mindset of "If this team works together, I will play to win. If not, I'm just here for the fun" and I promise you, you will see what I am saying is true about no stress. 

I played about 15 games last night with randoms just hoping just ONCE I could find a team that wouldn't do 1-10..........needless to say each match was about 45 seconds.

I've pinged and I've piggybacked randoms man, they just do not work. Since day 1 I've played with 3 squads that were decent randoms, vs the other 1000+ that weren't. I makes me not want to play at all and I love this game with all my heart but cannot stand being matched with players that don't work together. Obviously I play with friends when they're on but that doesn't always happen.

Message 9 of 22 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I think some of you are assuming that all the players whose gameplay you don't like will just migrate to a solo or duo mode if and when those modes are available. Wondering

Message 10 of 22 (402 Views)