Re: Why I think Apextab is a joke

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

Why I think Apextab is a joke

★★★ Guide

So Apextab has been changing their Stat tracking regularly now. 
First they defined skill by looking at your account level and total amount of kills.
And now they're actually ranking people's skill based on total kills / games played = your skill. 
Now if you're winning a lot of games, but hardly bother with getting any kills, you will be classified as a low skilled player, isn't that hilarious? 
Not to mention, they base these stats on the trackers active on your legends. 
Meaning if you crashed during a game, it still counts as a game played. 

So they went from a dumb measurement to an even dumber one. 

Is Apextab a joke? or are they really trying to be serious? 

For if it's all about getting kills, why even bother trying to win? Just farm kills instead xD  

Message 1 of 8 (508 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think you can stop sharing your stats by selecting "decline" in the "share usage data" setting.

Message 2 of 8 (504 Views)

★★★ Guide
That's not the point, I'm trying to point out how inaccurate and dimwitted the system is.
Message 3 of 8 (482 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can camp the whole game and kill the last person in the backs, does it make me a good player?

Message 4 of 8 (461 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OveIion wrote:

I can camp the whole game and kill the last person in the backs, does it make me a good player?

Yes, if you can survive until the end and win then you're a good player. That should be pretty obvious.

Message 5 of 8 (456 Views)

★ Guide

according to this website I am ~6000 best Bloodhound player I would take that out of 25mil people . guess I am in 1% . come at me boy lol . this website doesn't really messure skill because it take much more than kills alone to win games

Message 6 of 8 (439 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I agree it's a poor measure, but is/was anything actually taking it seriously anyway? the way the sites tracks it just not reliable enough to hold up as any reasonable measure of skill.

Example - I've played 10-12 games over the last 24hrs and it says my kills today is 79 with 0 games played, 0 head shots, 0 damage.

I occasionally look on ApexTab, but take everything on there with a big grain of salt.

Message 7 of 8 (396 Views)

★★★ Guide
Well I am currently playing on this account. I normally only used this one for the community forums.

I'm maining Lifeline 13 matches players 153 kills. level 9.

And according to my calculations I should be able to get a top rating by having a minimum of 200 kills and 20 matches played.
Message 8 of 8 (392 Views)