Why I ordered a refund

by TheWarmWind

Original Post

Why I ordered a refund

★ Novice

It took me 20 minutes of playing this game to order a refund, and now that I got it I just wanted to let the developers know why I refunded the game.

The concept is solid. The graphics are great. The customization options are industry leading. But the driving is awful. 

You know, part of the reason why people loved Need for Speed: Underground 2 so much is because it was one of the few need for speed games that respected our intelligence. Cars are machines, driven by engines and steered by wheels, not toys thrown around by a 4 year old. Cars do not turn from the center. Cars do not drift because I pressed a button or entered a command. Arcade racers don't all have to drive like Mario Kart. 

This is why, in spite of it's faults, the Forza Horizon series is far superior. It may be a fun arcade racer, but at least it understands basic physics. 

If you had programmed the exact same game with a physics model that wasn't so laughable, I would have a new favourite racing game. But instead I asked for a refund.

Please keep that in mind on your next attempt.

Message 1 of 5 (502 Views)

Re: Why I ordered a refund

★★★★★ Newbie

So you didn't actually take the time to race for a bit and upgrade your stock car to only then find out that driving gets better.

Well played, you missed out big time.

I wasn't a fan of the driving at first either, but stuck with it and although it's not the best driving physics, it gets much more enjoyable once you do some upgrades and try different cars. They all handle differently!

Message 2 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought the same thing when I played the game for the first few hours. Once you get more into the game and upgrade your car it does get a lot better.

Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also found the driving absolutely rubbish initially, Once you upgrade extremely cheap suspension and tiers the whole dynamic of the car changes. The driving was so bad I couldn't win a single race as when you turn the car just locked up and did a 90 degree almost instantly.

I am now winning races all the time and it's not because I have simply gotten used to the driving, it was the upgrades as my success changed immediately.

Message 4 of 5 (382 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Take care buddy! 

Message 5 of 5 (343 Views)