Re: Why Fragment Is A Big Problem

by MadameRose66

Original Post

Why Fragment Is A Big Problem

★ Expert

f3501862-4e8c-4b35-96c0-81436fdf87fc.png

You see that? You see how big the ring is? You see how many squads are left? That's the problem.

Stormpoint makes it worse. Because there are no real hot drops, as soon as World's Edge swings around all the numpties immediately drop on Fragment in search of quick fights. During my pubs sesh yesterday various JMs wanted to land on Fragment NINE games in succession.

It's boring.

Message 1 of 11 (530 Views)

★★ Guide
@EdwardDLuffy Fragment is how you maintain a 4+kdr but it AINT how you win, i just wish people would be honest about that.
By all accounts (and discussions ive had on here before) im boring because i dont just charge at any gun fire i hear till i die.
Play ranked, there is still the hot drop faction but way less, mmy annoyance on ranked is that even though people play they dont seem to have any interest in posting positive points.
Its way to easy on storm point because of all the cliffs to get trapped outside circle late game, no one seems to care, im sat there on mic telling people to disengage so we can high tail and i get ignored, i now use valk almost exclusively so i can just jump ahead and leave them to die.
This isnt 300 I.Q. stuff, this is basic game sens and its almost always missing..........
Message 2 of 11 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@dougieeeYeah, I'm using Valk on Ranked this season. If you get lame TMs who don't care about their -12/-24/-36 points (and even less about yours) it's easy to leave them to die and then, with Valk's kit, it's almost impossible to finish outside the top 6.

Message 3 of 11 (494 Views)

★★ Guide
@EdwardDLuffy See Plats where its worst, everybody gets there but people either wont or cant climb out, they just resign themselves to mediocrity. The irony is that if you take a reasonable early fight and then dial back, once you get placement its easy to post positive points, my TM`s as a general rule seem to get a couple of kills then charge round till they die, normally by cutting themselves off from the circle battling two squads.......... WHY! why cant they just exhibit a small amount of common sense?
Message 4 of 11 (484 Views)

Champion
@dougieee Let's be real. Most people dropping fragment have less than .7 kds. They are looking for that one good game and probably rarely get a kill to get it.
Message 5 of 11 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@dougieeeTHIS! I died yesterday because in the ring because this stupid game gave us no way to escape and the last team even got a FREE WIN! How I hated that ffs I really don't like how they made the map especially because there is only 1 way out and even that is a dead end. Dont get me wrong overall the map is fine for ranked BUT they definitely need to fix the ring location

Message 6 of 11 (431 Views)

Champion
@MadameRose66 While I agree that SP needs more opportunities for rotation such as passes in the rocks and jump towers instead of the cannons dying in the ring is the fault of the player, not the map. After each ring close you should be checking how far away you are and looking at how to get to the next, especially if you are as far away as possible.
Message 7 of 11 (409 Views)

★★ Guide
@hayhor Your right, complaining because your not smart enough to keep your eye on the circle shifts is silly, EVEN if your not valk you can still back track and rotate, the problem is that the player pool is dumb, go forward and shoot is the all they know, if they dont even utilise my valk ult then they deserve to die to zone.
I will no longer knowingly die because of thier lack of fore thought, i would rather snake a second, which seems pathetic on pubs but makes a big difference on ranked.
Message 8 of 11 (380 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor the problem was that we had 1 fight after another fight and after the end of the fight it was already to late....
Message 9 of 11 (379 Views)

Champion
@dougieee I've left people as valk. One even connected and then disconnected to keep fighting.
Message 10 of 11 (363 Views)