Why EA loves cheaters?

by Ahkwe

Original Post

Why EA loves cheaters?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Genuine question: why does EA allow so many cheaters in BF? Why is it easier to install a cheat software than it is to report someone for cheating? it takes 5min to report someone, learn something from Valve please, they award players for reporting cheaters, they ban 20k players at once for griefing and cheating, I think EA thinks its not cost-efficient to ban cheaters, and it is pretty evident. God forbid if someone didnt cheat on bf1

Message 1 of 5 (500 Views)

Player report doesn't work at all

★★★★★ Novice

After having compiled several player reports, it has come to my attention that EA-games and their daughter companies (Origin), have NO interest in enforcing their very own ToS/ToA rules:

Rules of Conduct

When you sign up for your EA Account, you agree to play by fair rules including:

• Be kind to one another. Don't harass, embarrass, or threaten other players. This includes sending messages to them repeatedly. If they don't respond, they may not want to talk.
  • We love chat rooms because they're a safe place to share your ideas. Using vulgar language, being abusive, hitting return too many times, and posting large images so other players can't read makes it an unpleasant and unsafe place.
  • Think about your screen name or persona. Make sure it doesn't offend or hurt other players.
  • Be aware of what you upload. Uploading files with damaging content like viruses, worms, spyware, time bombs, or corrupted data hurts other players and EA Services.
  • We want to maintain a safe and fair environment for you and other players. Hacking, phishing, cheating, distributing counterfeit software or virtual currency or items amounts to theft and creates an unsafe environment for everyone. Just don't do it.

(https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/play-by-the-ea-rules/)

ALSO it has become clear that their in-game screenshot doesn't work either, so you are simply unable to document what is happening in-game, and attach that to your player reports.

If you have experienced like-wise please add your experiences here to this thread in order to make them understand the implications of such ignorance on the part of EA-games.

Message 2 of 5 (477 Views)

Re: Why EA loves cheaters?

Community Manager

Hey @Ahkwe if you are in-game and believe that another user is cheating then you can report them by following the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Funny enough this is EXACTLY why I made this thread, that procedure you describe has absolutely NO effect.

I do not understand why you didn't read the Original Post. If your answer to the OP is that it takes some time to sift through the mountains of Player Reports you receive each day, then there would still be an active fallout of the reports, but as I have witnessed in both Titanfall as well as Titanfall2, the players commiting horrifying hate-crimes on YOUR servers, have -as far as I have seen- NEVER been banned, because the same player/player-profile was on there again spewing hate all over the server the whole week, and continued to do so until the very day I just quit playing Titanfall.

[Removed by CM]

Message 4 of 5 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as already it's going around in circles.

Going forward please do not accuse any user of cheating as doing so is a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines and will lead to action being taken.

If you are in-game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link I posted above. 

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)