Re: Why Don't Timed AVP Perks Stack Over Time?

by Vellu78

Original Post

Why Don't Timed AVP Perks Stack Over Time?

★★★★★ Guide

So I have to remember to return every 45 mins to collect things or they will stop building.  Why is that?

I would even accept a penalty so to speak.

Meaning, instead of getting nothing else until I collect them, maybe getting half for every 45 mins or getting the full amount every 60 mins instead of 45 if I don't collect.

Thing is, I don't feel like I should be penalized.  I'm the leader which means I should have people working for me.  Why can't someone else be collecting this for me?  Why can't my perk gains just automatically get deposited to me every 45 mins?

Message 1 of 7 (1,569 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree, if you're putting the game time in, those rewards should be accumulating, whether or not you're showing up to collect them every time they cycle.

Message 2 of 7 (1,519 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I suppose Suvi, as the Science Expert in your ship, should overlook these things, instead of just sulking beside Kello, specially because they are not on field with you – they'll be idle. You generally have long turns away from the Tempest, so you lose a lot of potential on those timed things.

Message 3 of 7 (1,503 Views)

★★ Guide

Good ideas.

If only we could communicate with the Tempest and tell the crew to pick the shipments up in our place, or a little indicator in the corner of the screen would be nice telling us "You have new AVP shipments, go and grabbem!" would even be useful.

Still a pain having to go back with such frequency, have to fly into orbit and check just to see if there's anything to pick up.

Message 4 of 7 (1,481 Views)

★ Pro

I agree something should change here, whether it is having crew pick up your rewards for you or just having them stack, because I'm busy on the planet and don't really need to interrupt what I'm doing to fly up to space for a minute and pick up my stuff.

Message 5 of 7 (1,438 Views)

★ Pro

Agreed partially.

It should stack while you are playing, for example while you're on a planet for 3 hours when you get back to your ship you should have 3 stacks waiting to be claimed.

But definitely not stack while offline, otherwise there would be dozens of stacks everyday for "free".

Message 6 of 7 (1,428 Views)

★ Apprentice

Right... they should only stack when they would already be building time.

Also, they should probably accumulate slower when there's already something there than if you are anxiously hovering over that terminal?

Message 7 of 7 (1,415 Views)