Why Citron is so weak?

by Laymon_xd

Original Post

Why Citron is so weak?

★★★★★ Newbie

Citron's main weapon is very weak at far distance and in a close. Why did the devs nerfs him so much?

Message 1 of 7 (738 Views)

Re: Why Citron is so weak?

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure that saying 10 damage at close range is weak. If you play him right, you should be able to vanquish people fairly quickly.

Message 2 of 7 (713 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It’s certainly an adjustment.  He should not be able to do heavy damage at long range.  It caused too many problems with camping which is not his intended role.  Up close you can deal damage quickly and get a vanquish or two.  Honestly he needs a complete redesign.  I really don’t think there’s a way to adjust him as is.  I don’t have an answer as to what he should be but in my opinion the old Citron didn’t work, and the new one doesn’t work well enough to say the problem is fixed.  Any Citron I’ve seen do decent has had a pocket healer the whole game.  I’ve never been a Citron main by any means, I just think his intended role as a tank is failed.  

Message 3 of 7 (705 Views)

To give you a wider set of responses, there just so happens to be a current thread on this topic on the GW2 reddit right now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/comments/97zmsa/why_do_people_still_say_citron_was_overner...

Message 4 of 7 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

They definitely overnerfed Citron. It was important to get rid of that long range sniping but now even i who always refused to do that have trouble to engage at mid-range. It's as if i have to touch them to deal damage while soldiers or All Stars just out-DPS Citron.

Citron still remains the worst class in the game when it comes to general design (tanky, agile, suppressive and blindfire exploitable), but the current state is like playing a stealthy Wrestling Star that manages to hit people in the back at point-blank range.

Message 5 of 7 (634 Views)

★ Expert

I played toxic citron and it did feel overly weak...but much prefer weak citron over bounce around, camp at high points and snipe citron that all the jerks we using him for.  I think they should toss the roll around garbage he has so people can't do the shoot, dash and hide and seek tactic, and give him a couple more of those boosts that knock zombies off their feet.  That way he's be a bit more like an allstar.

Now that he's weaker from a distance I see more and more, roll around and hide all game tactics which slows the game down and frustrates old Gormey.

Message 6 of 7 (612 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

As @Gormey said I feel Toxic is a bit too weak on damage right now but otherwise the sniping they used to do and then if you were even able to hit them at extreme range, the roll into a ball and run in combination with the long distance damage made them super annoying to fight against. I'm still adjusting to the loss of mid-range damage when closing but since I tend to be a more short range brawler Citrons can really hurt up close, and that works well for me.

Also as @dwooten77 points out they don't feel very tanky, more of a hit and run brawler than anything else. They are good at the vanguard of taking and holding points as those fights tend to be short-ranged slugfests but not as good at defending from longer ranges due to the drop off of beam damage. Of course Cacti are supposed to be the snipers so I don't find this to be a bad thing.

Message 7 of 7 (595 Views)