Why Can't We Make Custom Controller Layouts?

by CraZAntix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why Can't We Make Custom Controller Layouts?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I play on PC and I use a controller + mouse config for optimal aim and ease of movement, but the fact that I can't layout my own controller buttons makes this impossible in APEX Legends. I don't understand this. Hasn't custom controller layout been standard for a decade now? I don't need several presets where they try and fail to anticipate my needs. Instead, just do like mouse+keyboard: make a default and then let me customize it.

Message 4 of 15 (3,827 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why Can't We Make Custom Controller Layouts?

Community Manager

From yesterday's Legendary Hunt patch:

• Added ability to fully customize button layout for controllers.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (3,888 Views)

All Replies

Please add this setting

★★ Newbie

Please add a controller preset so you can either make custom buttons or make it so one of the controller presets are flipped. (Flip the ADS button with the Tactical Ability and Flip the Attack button with Ping / Ping Wheel)

Message 1 of 15 (3,753 Views)

Is there going to be custom bindings on controllers

★★ Newbie

Hello I was wondering if there were going to be custom bindings for Apex Legend on console and if there going to be a option to spring by default so we can use L3 for different things like crouch or jump, if you read this please send a Gmail.

Message 2 of 15 (3,765 Views)

No flipped triggers option on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Can the option be added to flip the Shoulder buttons on the PS4 like other shooters have so L2 and R2 commands can be flipped to L1 and R1 and vice versa please.

Message 3 of 15 (3,730 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking your time to share your feedback with the community @CraZAntix.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 15 (3,802 Views)

★★★★ Guide

are you talking about on console or pc. if on Xbox you can change the button layout on the system level and it will reflect in game. I don't know about ps4 but I would expect the same options on the system level. if not you can use a xim and use their xim link feature to rebind the controller. but that would cost money. 

Message 6 of 15 (3,796 Views)

★★★★ Novice

On PC. I should have been more clear. I’ll edit the original post to include that. 

Message 7 of 15 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Guide

AFAIK the xim would still work for you in this situation. look up xim link 

Message 8 of 15 (3,768 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also forgot to mention if you use the xim link you can use a perifial called a Sony Nav. it's a one. handed controller and would. have all. the buttons your left hand could use  just a suggestion,  it's more balanced in the hand by itself than holding a full sized controller 

Message 9 of 15 (3,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m switching or trying to switch the right stick and my X button for my xbox one controller through the system layout but it’s not reflecting in game. Is there some kind of something I have to do to get it to work? My X button is broken and I can’t afford a new controller rn lol

Message 10 of 15 (3,708 Views)