Why Apex Legends is and will always be the champion of Battle Royales

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Why Apex Legends is and will always be the champion of Battle Royales

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Firstly, I want to congratulate Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts for their huge success with this hit battle royale game. It took the hearts and attention of gamers all over the world with just one announcement stream: no marketing whatsoever, getting 1 million players in its first hour and 50 million in a month. 1 year later, the game has over 70 million active players and still is the champion of Battle Royales.

Apex Legends is 100% everything I love about a first person shooter: class based, well animated gunplay, deep lore and the developers actually listen to player feedback! The sci-fi and futuristic aspect really makes this game stand out to Warzone and PUBG's modern warfare style or Fortnite's cartoonish gunplay and graphics style.

Even during the Covid-19 crisis, the team still makes insane updates that satisfy their community and continue to impress the gaming industry, showing just how hard-working they are. Just know Respawn, we appreciate you guys! Standard smile

While there are some big setbacks, like overpriced cosmetics, slight pay to win and not much action on skill based matchmaking, the game's pros outnumber the flaws too much!

While everybody is entitled to their opinion, to say Fortnite or Call of Duty: Warzone are better than Apex Legends is very questionable. 

Apex Legends does all these better than Fortnite:

- Gunplay

- Strategy and team communication

- Team play in general

- Graphics

- Lore

- And most importantly, love put into the game by developers

And to think just to get ahead of Apex Legends in popularity, Fortnite had to take the Respawn Beacon, slap a skin on it and add it to their game, justifies my point even more.

If there was an award for most underrated BR, I'd 100% vote for Apex Legends. I'm excited for Season 6 and seeing all these obstacles in the game's journey and how the team has overcome them, leaves us with no surprise that this game has lived this long.

Thanks Respawn for making Apex Legends: we appreciate you guys and we can't wait to see what you have in store for the future.

Message 1 of 1 (194 Views)