Re: Why Apex Legends died

by Nytecrawler

Original Post

Why Apex Legends died

★★ Guide

It's not fun to play anymore, it's only fun to play for a month then you get bored of it because you have seen all the guns and all the powers and you won so what do you do next? Level the lackluster Battlepass that doesn't give you anything?  No, you go back to playing Skyrim, the only game made since Starfox 64 that never gets old.

Message 1 of 26 (14,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@prankstar2 wrote:

It's not fun to play anymore, it's only fun to play for a month then you get bored of it because you have seen all the guns and all the powers and you won so what do you do next? Level the lackluster Battlepass that doesn't give you anything?  No, you go back to playing Skyrim, the only game made since Starfox 64 that never gets old.

lol I wouldn't call it dead.     but having to play solo queue with random bots in a br is torture.  absolute torture,  whether you have pro aim or not.  I think this fact is what  makes alot of people toxic in the first place.

Message 2 of 26 (14,551 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@prankstar2 wrote:

Wait a minute. You're quitting Apex because you're bored with it. Only to go back to an old single-player game you have completed a billion times before? Confused

Message 3 of 26 (14,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@prankstar2 wrote:

Wait a minute. You're quitting Apex because you're bored with it. Only to go back to an old single-player game you have completed a billion times before? Confused

But I want to try a poison melee build.  See what that was?  It's being excited to try something different.  Something I haven't felt in Apex for a month now.  Also it's not just me quitting, the player count dropped like a rock after they hit 50 million players, viewership on twitch and YouTube dropped like a rock as well everybody is sick of it, if you don't think so you are as delusional as Fallout 76 fanboys. Don't worry, I'll come back and everyone else will come back if Respawn makes us with a real update worth playing  none of this slow grinding Battlepass with nothing in it.  It's like the ingame equivalent of riveting in a Machine shop all day and I know that because I did it when I hit rock bottom, my sholders still hurt from it

Message 4 of 26 (14,511 Views)

★★★★ Guide
-viewership on twitch and YouTube dropped like a rock-
Obviously when EA stop paying those streamers to play their game, viewer will drop. It's still easily the 2nd most viewed BR game (provided that Twitch view matters to someone )

- the player count dropped like a rock
Since no way we can tell how much it drops, player drop still cant compare with games like Blackout and Firestorm lolz
Message 5 of 26 (14,466 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't, for a minute, believe that Respawn was ready for how big AL got in that amount of time.

The pace of updates has been abysmal and any developer who was at AT ALL familiar with the BR genre would have known that you can't stretch content updates out like this without significant blowback.

They just weren't ready.

They'll make it up in the coming months, but for now, we're stuck with the same maps, guns, and Legends.

YAWN.

Message 6 of 26 (14,427 Views)

★★★ Guide

And cheater problem too.....

Message 7 of 26 (14,396 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

To be honest, in my opinion, I say apex is better and more stable than fortnite, PUBG, etc.. because you can do this. You CAN try different builds, different team compositions with your friends.... Want to hold down a position with pathfinder and caustic and just have a * ton of gas traps and a * ton of zip lines? Want to go full speed team with wraith, octane, and bloodhound? want to go gas camping team with lifeline, gibraltar, and bangalore and then just wreck the last squad with ultimates and grenades? you can try so many combinations of teams, or strategical abilities, it makes the game far from boring in my opinion :P

P.S. at least in apex legends you cant build a 200 foot tower when someone starts shooting you, *COUGH* *FORTNITE* *COUGH* >.<

Message 8 of 26 (14,319 Views)

★ Guide
Apex Legends hasn't died you muppet, far from it. It's going very strong.

Show me a game that doesn't have a sharp drop off in player numbers weeks and months after release. Show me a game that doesn't have a sharp drop off in twitch viewers weeks and months after release. You can't, because there isn't one. This is standard and happens to every game after release.

There's definitely things they can improve on, work to be done by Respawn, but this game is far from dead.

/thread closed.
Message 9 of 26 (14,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Ι see a lot of new low level players on Xbox and it's a bit difficult to win. 😅 I still get a few wins when i have at least 1 good high level player in my squad. I think many 100level players have stopped playing because they have completed Season1 in 1month. There is no way to get crafting metals/Apex packs. I guess people will return in Season 2. Searching for match is still quick so that's a good thing.

Message 10 of 26 (14,281 Views)