Problem with Origin Payment Method

by TKBauer

Original Post

Whoops! We're unable to process your order at this time due to ...

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I recently bought a new PC and installed Origin Client and installed Apex.

I also used Paypal to buy Battlefield V, as I wanted to try out a ray traced game.

I then attempted to buy some Apex Coins to unlock the legends, but get an error each time I try.

It doesn't matter if I try from Origin website or Client or within Apex itself.

I have exhausted support from Origin and EA, who blamed the payment provider. Paypal said they had no blocks, and my bank said they had no blocks.

So, I went ahead and subscribed to Origin Premiere, which went through Paypal with no issues, but I still get same error trying to buy Coins:

Whoops! We're unable to process your order at this time due to an issue with your provided payment method. Please use a different payment method to complete your order, or try again later. [ref. #10048]

Any Ideas? I have tried both Paypal and 2 separate, good, credit cards.

Message 2 of 3 (2,155 Views)

Problem with Origin Payment Method

★★★ Novice

Invalid Payment method. [ref. #10048]

I have attempted to purchase 1000 Apex coins on the Origin Store, and everytime I try to pay it notifies me of my payment method being "Invalid" although I've used the same card before to purchase products. My Card and Paypal still work on other services and I've called my bank and there seems to be no problem at all. 

I have been in the Live chat services twice now and the solutions I've been given has done nothing to fix my issue. I just want to purchase a product from the origin store, but it won't let me. I've even tried with a different card, but the issue is all the same "Invalid payment method" [ref. #10048].

Am I supposed to just not use EA's services again? Because at the moment my paitience with this issue is extremely thin. I've Never had such problems with the Steam Store, Ubisoft Store or Epic Games' Store.

What more is that the same issue dates all the way back to 2012 and has still not been fixed in 7 years!

I've been on this platform since 2011 and never experienced such a problem, but now it seems I can't use this account to purchase anything again and I will Not resort to creating a secondary account just because EA's systems are messed up.

-TKBauer

Message 1 of 3 (2,185 Views)

Re: Whoops! We're unable to process your order at this time due to ...

★★ Pro

go into origin, ea account and billing, payment methods, add credit card and make primary, log out of origin, log in and try buying coins again using that credid card you made primary.

Message 3 of 3 (2,119 Views)