Re: Whole club banned when we should've been warned

by AcidBunnnny

Original Post

Whole club banned when we should've been warned

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got an email this morning saying that I had been warned for an "inappropriate club name", but when I tried to log into my account, it said that I had a ban, rather than a warning, and couldn't access the rest of my EA account. My whole club had the same issue so none of them can log into their accounts. It said that the ban should only be for multiple offenses, but this is our first offense. I already sent an email to support but I was wondering if there was a faster way to fix the issue for me and my friends. I have screenshots of the email and of the ban proof.

Message 1 of 9 (422 Views)

★★ Novice
@AcidBunnnny Hi mate. I’ve the same issue, apparently there was a issue with their terms and services team. EA help messaged me on Twitter and they’re currently looking into it. Unfortunately that’s the only information I know myself. Hopefully it’s sorted sooner rather than later.
Message 2 of 9 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AcidBunnnny What was the club name, anyway? Some people were banned for 'thicc' so wondering what else is considered offensive according to EA 😂

If it's really offensive don't type here or you will get banned from forum too lol
Message 3 of 9 (362 Views)

★★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp It was definitely over the line lmao, I didn't come up with it. I didn't know about thicc though, that's hilarious.
Message 4 of 9 (313 Views)

★★★ Pro

LOL, the world turned to a joke, Cheaters are running haywire, a whole clan gets banned for a name all of a sudden. 

Message 5 of 9 (288 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Let me guess, EA TOS team has done a THOROUGH investigation and decided that no action will be taken?

You have my condolences.

It really is hard to decide what is worse: someone in EA going around banning people or an automated system gone berserk and banning people. One implies that they have strange priorities the other implies no one is supervising properly lol

Message 6 of 9 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

System - Bans what is deemed inappropriate, yet lets people type it in the first place '_'

Message 7 of 9 (254 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@jaygates879  I mean, the whole thing is questionable to begin with. I do not know how we went from "Online interactions not rated" to "Everything has to be acceptable to 7 and below"

Again, EA has plenty of games that have "gamer words" like Bulletstorm, Saboteur, South Park, and plenty more on their store and they are going to pretend that it is all OK.

Oh and there is nothing to be done about Steam usernames because according to the TOS team I have been in contact, there is "No solution" towards the vile and borderline illegal names I have seen on it.

Before some cute Community Manager edits or sends me another threat: I had support cases reporting names with green tags posted over the cases labelled "NO SOLUTION" before it was closed.

Message 8 of 9 (250 Views)

★★ Novice
@Hanonaut You're absolutely right about the email, they pretty much told me "to bad so sad" and said they weren't gonna do anything. I mean I ended up getting unbanned a few hours later, but just the premise of receiving that email was super upsetting.

I think it's even worse that they don't even kind of care about actual in game interactions, they just grasp on to the club names since it's the only thing they have any means to censor. But I've seen and heard worse in game chat than I've ever seen out of a club name.

The worst part though is that this whole thing was such a hassle I was ready to make an alt account, and when I finally got unbanned, I didn't even get any free stuff to make up for this mess.
Message 9 of 9 (195 Views)