Re: Who will get access to play testing Project Rene?

by khitteh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Who will get access to play testing Project Rene?

★★★ Newbie

I heard that play testing will be happening within the next week. Do we know who will get access to this and how?

Message 1 of 32 (5,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sul sul,

The Sims team is currently running a small, invite-only playtest for Project Rene. Those who were invited and have elected to participate in this playtest should refer to the email you received for next steps regarding gaining access, troubleshooting issues, and anything else that might arise with the session.

While we understand that this is an exciting opportunity, not everyone was able to be selected for participation. This will not be the only playtest offered for Project Rene, so make sure you stay up-to-date with future opportunities by managing your interests on our playtesting site here.

EACade

View in thread

Message 9 of 32 (4,877 Views)

All Replies

Playtesting sign up error

★★★★ Novice

I saw the announcement about becoming a playtester for Sims 5, so I came to sign up. The process went fine until I was asked to select my location. I chose United States, and when I clicked the Next button, I received "500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

Anyone else having this issue? Or any idea what the problem is? Should I try again later?

Message 2 of 32 (4,954 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I hope they open it up to more than whoever they usually get to playtest game, because that lot hasn't been doing so great a job Wondering

Message 3 of 32 (4,973 Views)

Re: Playtesting sign up error

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@foxitten1979I had this issue but then I just refreshed and logged back in again and my account was created and saved. I then went into my settings/preferences and there’s a selection to update your details by filling out the survey forms and I just redid them all from top to bottom including that one about country and some new ones that we didn’t get to because of the error message.

Message 4 of 32 (4,919 Views)

★ Guide
@ssjourney I didn’t even see an option to apply for consideration! All I saw was Skate and a second game.
Message 5 of 32 (4,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m not sure how that works! All I know is that there’s an article somewhere that says play testing will be coming within the next week or two. 

Message 6 of 32 (4,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also interested in finding this answer. I read an article stating that playtesting is set to begin tomorrow. I hope they get it listed for as many people as possible so we can test it

Message 7 of 32 (4,908 Views)

Re: Playtesting sign up error

★★★ Newbie
@foxitten1979 Where did you find the place to sign up? Is that limited to only certain people?
Message 8 of 32 (4,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Sul sul,

The Sims team is currently running a small, invite-only playtest for Project Rene. Those who were invited and have elected to participate in this playtest should refer to the email you received for next steps regarding gaining access, troubleshooting issues, and anything else that might arise with the session.

While we understand that this is an exciting opportunity, not everyone was able to be selected for participation. This will not be the only playtest offered for Project Rene, so make sure you stay up-to-date with future opportunities by managing your interests on our playtesting site here.

EACade
Message 9 of 32 (4,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh man. I made a play testing account but project Rene wasn’t an option on the sign up list and I’m kinda bummed. Can’t wait to see others play test it though! Hope there will be many streams and videos!

Message 10 of 32 (4,872 Views)