Who wants land mines?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Who wants land mines?

Come on, everyone loves getting kills with them and everyone hates getting killed by them.. Because well they take 0 skill... But who wouldn't love land mines?!

The audio quips from the legends getting kills with it and by it would be hilarious. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 18 (539 Views)

Re: Who wants land mines?

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Who wants ice cream? Everyone likes ice cream. If you don’t like ice cream you’re not human and should be dissected to see what species of lizardman or shapeshifting extra terrestrial you are!

No on the mines! I never use them in games since I both dont like using them or get killed by them. Even in latest cod I used claymores while running around and most times I was kinda sad when someone died by it... only because I knew how it felt to die by them...
Message 2 of 18 (514 Views)

Champion

@DarthValtrex  Maybe as a legend tactical, as long as they wasn't too brutal.

I rarely rage at COD,but when I hit more than 3 claymores in one match the red mist descends.....and that's with unlimited respawns in a match.

Not sure I would wanna see them as general ordinance in apex lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 18 (506 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MandatoryIDtagOh remember the days when games would allow people to place mines on the spawn locations which were predictable?! 

I think as a tactical that's about as effective as Caustics Gas traps.. More of a stun than anything else, maybe a bit of damage.

Message 4 of 18 (504 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex I place caustic traps anywhere people will go......respawns, jump towers, end of ziplines, even when I know I'm not sticking around there.

I'd do the same with mines. I vote NO on them.
Message 5 of 18 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Creates thread if we should have land mine.

Me - No.

Everyone - Unequivocally NO.

Respawn - In S6 we're introducing mines! xD
Message 6 of 18 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]

@apostolateofDOOMHahaha, but they could be so entertaining... they could make them the size of gibi hit box and they’d still be fun. People would still run into them.

i doubt we’ll see it. But I’m just thinking of those moments when someone is running through the storm and caves train yard.. then hit my caustic trap and I get a kill, while being at tree... 

i don’t think it’s the game dynamic or play the devs are going for with Apex. If it was we’d see caustic being fairly brutal and OP. 

Message 7 of 18 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Message 8 of 18 (428 Views)

★ Guide

In Gears of War, I wasn't that good and would pick up/plant frags any chance I got, because I wasn't good enough to get a lot of kills otherwise.  With that said, the joy I received getting a planted frag kill was nowhere near the level of frustration I'd receive from dying in said manner.  Like others have said, it takes very little skill, and in a BR that frustration would only escalate if I were to die from a planted mine in the last circle, hidden in some bush or something. 

Hard pass. 

Message 9 of 18 (392 Views)

@DarthValtrex great idea, yes. Esp proximity mines for that extra "suprise" Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 10 of 18 (356 Views)