Betreff: Who's Still Having Fun?

by Rastigani

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Who's Still Having Fun?

★★ Expert

Just genuinely curious as to who is actually still having fun playing this game. After 746 hours played it's pretty bad realizing I only play because I spent 10 bucks on the Battle Pass. I think every match I've played yesterday and today have been awful. It's been nothing but god awful teammates, really unlucky circumstances (I mean seriously my second to last duo match went so poorly it was laughable. Top 5 and my team was the only team to still have white armor and un-upgraded weapons. We FINALLY pick up purple armor and some gear, and we get instantly wiped.), and a lack of motivation to actually try my best on a per match basis. 

Message 1 of 35 (826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Who's Still Having Fun?

Champion

I hardly play anymore as i'm genuinely afraid that the unparalleled levels of stupidity displayed by players in this game might be contagious...and i'm not emotionally or mentally prepared to start licking windows yet. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 27 of 35 (828 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro
@pastaclown Solo queue matchmaking could use some improvements for those of us who don't have friends to play with for whatever reason because for me personally, getting stuck with levels 20 or less on a regular basis is one of the biggest reasons I'm not having fun since I know there's no way in hell they're gonna clutch if I go down in a fight even if I manage to carry into top 2. Just put them into groups with others close to their level so they can learn and grow together or not but either way they won't be a nuisance to anyone.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind slowing down to teach a newbie the ropes but 95% of the time they aren't interested in learning because they're some squeaker who does the floss in public just playing for the sake of what only God knows and have no interest in playing together or even trying to win and unfortunately they're a vast majority of the solo queue right now
Message 2 of 35 (813 Views)

★★ Expert

@Pretzelnutcake I don't mind playing with noobs, but good GOD some of them don't have any common sense. Had a guy level 4 with me in duos, we start fighting a team, and I knock one and almost knock another (Mozam vs. Peacekeeper isn't a winning fight without hammer haha). You'd think if your teammate is fighting someone you'd go fight with them right? 

Not this guy. This guy shot down a cargo bot and was just looking at its drops the entire time I was fighting (I mean really, dude's wearing a white shield and a white helmet, you don't NEED TO PICK UP ANOTHER WHITE SHIELD AND HELMET). I get knocked and drop down, dude picks me up and just doesn't do anything. At this point I'm tilted and tired, I just toss all my stuff over a cliff side. Dude tries to punch me off (cause haha much funny) so I baited him into sliding straight off the cliff. 

I've had level 100s, who've finished either S1, S2, or BOTH passes who've just left me to die despite being maybe 5 meters away. It's just not a fun time anymore. 

Message 3 of 35 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@pastaclownLiterally the same thing happened to me recently. Third partied and downed two guys, their third got killed by another squad nearby so we looted up and I pushed them after pinging all three of their locations and getting acknowledged by the one random low level I was left with, I wanted to hit them before they heal up and managed to down one and break the other guys shield all alone before getting downed only t look back and see my backup still browsing the two dead guys lootboxes even after I engaged the other team. Even though my gut said leave I thought there was still a chance so I pointed him towards the low hp player trying to heal but he rushes the downed guy and starts pouring bullets into a * purple knockdown shield before getting shot by the other two teammates...

I swear sometimes I'm certain some people I play with haven't left kindergarten even smh

Message 4 of 35 (802 Views)

★★ Expert

@Pretzelnutcake lmao these people really haven't left Kindergarten. Worse still, these people will come onto the boards and cry and scream about how everything they die to is OP, and that there should be a penalty for all modes, Gibralter is too OP it's not fair, R99 is unfair and should be nerfed because I stand still while doing anything and get insta melted by it, wah wah wah.

Had a guy who I just respawned, left him a heavy ammo weapon plus ammo, grenades, blue shield, and a six pack of syringes and shield cells. We move to fight, and I get to find out he's picked up a light ammo weapon and doesn't have any ammo for it because I took it all. Cause you know, I'm sitting at 7 kills 1.3k damage and he hadn't contributed to the last 3 fights. Dude tries to blame me like, "Why are you fighting when I don't have any ammo lmao you stupid???" When asked about the Spitfire + 200 bullets (which was in the same box as his blue shield hmm...) dude just leaves. Level 100 too.

Had another guy play Caustic gas an entire building, and I can't see anything. Whatever buff that made gas easier to see through as Caus's teammates really just, isn't working at all. I call the guy out on it like, "Why the he-- are you gassing us no one can see anything that's why we all died." Dude leaves. I get the same guy next game, he picks Caustic again. I ask him, "Hey you gonna gas us all again?" Dude goes off on some tangent about how it wasn't his fault, and that I should, "Focus on myself so I can improve." Okay, sure, and apparently blind men can see if they just focus inwards. This guy drops and immediately dies, and I laugh, cause he had JUST said the "Focus inwards to improve." This man ate sh-- so hard right after he tried talkin' smack it was HILARIOUS. Next words outta his mouth? "If you pulled your head out of your a-- you'd improve" and leaves. It was the highlight of my day, this man tried to be slick with his passive aggressive smack talk, immediately ate sh--, and tries to cover up his embarrassment by telling me to pull my head out of my a-- before leaving. I dunno his level, or name really, I was too busy laughing. I wanted to PM the guy and thank him for the laugh, I was giggling for 5 minutes straight. 

Message 5 of 35 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown I dunno at how many hours I am. At least 600+ and I’m basically the same. Still playing since I put €9.99 into the game and I’m gonna get my money’s worth with at least 3 BPs.

I did ranked and enjoyed it till I didn’t after only doing some dailies and weeklies just to get up the BP... I still occasionally enjoy it but more than ever it’s a chore. The events is what keeps it fun. Haven’t had a good laugh due to the sheer incompetence of teammates in a while, because some of the ppl I get put up with are just ‘ugh’...

@Pretzelnutcake & @pastaclown, you guys could’ve used this material for my wk6 thread! Now it’s too late! I laughed reading yours pasta xD.
Message 6 of 35 (760 Views)

★★★ Expert

Generally speaking, I'm still having fun. I'm trying to bump up my gutter tier skills, learning or mastering weapons I hardly used before, grinding the BPs, bringing all legends to similar stats, etc..

But, the amount of fun I get every day out of Apex has been reduced drastically since the start of duos. This mode didn't come with anything new, but brought waves of cheaters, selfish sweaties, lag exploiters. On top of this, latest patches brought crashes, disconnections, freezes, lag, bugs. Very turbulent times, I hope things change soon.

Message 7 of 35 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DoYaSeeMe wrote:

But, the amount of fun I get every day out of Apex has been reduced drastically since the start of duos. This mode didn't come with anything new, but brought waves of cheaters, selfish sweaties, lag exploiters. On top of this, latest patches brought crashes, disconnections, freezes, lag, bugs. Very turbulent times, I hope things change soon.

Can confirm, same here.

Message 8 of 35 (711 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@pastaclown Look at it this way. I have more fun talking and messing with the regulars and new ppl here than playing the actual game itself. That’s disturbing if nothing else.

Halloween event tho was much more fun than you ppl tho XD
Message 9 of 35 (705 Views)

Betreff: Who's Still Having Fun?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@pastaclownjust had a game in duo where we were constently fighting for the first 5minutes. at least i thought WE were... turns out after dying that my squadmate who died after me did 0 dmg - ZERO. while i did 1500 and 5kills. its soo frustrating... after games like this (which happen more often than respawn/ea might think) i just want to delete apex forever... and like you said it yourself, just the payed battlepass and the hope for a permanent solo mode keeps apex installed.

this game has so much potential, it makes so much fun when you have a decent squad. but for me, playing at times when very few friends are online and many friends who stopped playing apex at all (cause the lack of solo mode) this game starts to annoy me more than making fun because 9 out of 10 rounds are just crap because of random teammates, who jump solo, dont fight with you, just run off on their own, just leave or just have a completly different playstyle (extreme aggressiv, running into every enemy or just the complete opposite, hiding and running away the whole game). thats not what i understand in a teambased game

so PLS respawn/EA give us the chance to play the way we want, in SOLO MODE! without random teammates ...the gamemode already exists, just implement it in an permanent version. i dont care for balancing, you can do that after release if neeeded (for me it was fine the way it was).  best two weeks of apex when it was live. plssssssss

Message 10 of 35 (690 Views)