Who plays well with Crypto?

by PJBurrows1991

Original Post

Re: Who plays well with Crypto?

★★★★ Guide

it is nice having a team that isn’t afraid to push at the same time as crypto

as crypto i like to get close enough to emp without moving away from the enemy squad and also not hit myself with it

hopefully my team mates are ready Standard smile 

Message 21 of 27 (311 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Crypto-Lifeline-Pathfinder.

When in premade this is what our group runs. 

I run Crypto so far we have 39 season 1 wins with decent kills for the season.

As far as Crypto being useless, naw he can be strong and a lifesaver. His drone can detect forward and rearward enemies if used properly. Stop trying to emp every enemy, place his drone high wall sides looking in a direction you want to scout and back out he becomes a beacon detector. 

Last circle and you have a wattson and a caustic camping in a building? Emp and watch their traps go bye bye. 

Every legend has their place and with Crypto the biggest down side is playing with randoms. 

When I do I use my drone very little, because I don't trust that I will get any support, but in pre-mades he is a good scout slash threat detector to have in almost any situation.

Message 22 of 27 (300 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If we are talking meta the entire game is based around Pathfinder/Wraith/X. So your answer is Wraith and Pathfinder. If pubs just have fun. 

Message 23 of 27 (275 Views)

★ Pro

Maybe pc is different, but on console can hear the drone 900m away and take it out, then hes completely useless and cant even EMP... 

Message 24 of 27 (269 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Jem450R I'm only a Platinum player so maybe I just don't understand. Why does everyone care about the EMP? I'm mostly experimenting with the range that his drone can passively detect enemies. Crypto is obviously useful as a forward scout but I find his drone far more useful when i leave it to watch over an area on its own. I'm just never sure if I left it low enough to spot enemies but high enough to avoid detection. A few more tricks I'm having fun with but I rarely even think about the EMP.

Message 25 of 27 (232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@heme725The passive detection range is 30 meters. You can see distance to objects when you're in drone, so you can know precisely where it will and won't detect. If you wan't passive detection, don't leave it higher than 20m.

If you leave the drone as detector for flankers, then best way is to leave it so that it covers as much area with the 30m detection radius, as possible (doesn't matter if drone is in plain sight) - enemies will either be detected or will shoot it - either way you'll know they're there. Works best for choke points (e.g., tunnels), since the detection will cover the whole passage.

I've seen a lot of crypto's who are afraid to lose their drone. If losing the drone gives useful information - just do it.

Passive marking is still not the most useful thing of the drone. If you want to detect enemies, it's much better to actually look yourself and stay far away from them. Get high enough and you can spot enemies across half the map.

As for EMP - who cares if enemy can hear the drone if they can't actually see it (behind cover) - they still can't shoot it. Of course using it completely in the open is harder,  but you really rarely need help of ultimates to kill ppl completely exposed in the open...

Message 26 of 27 (219 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Not my type of character to play but I do like having one in my group. A good m8 of mine loves this guy for the moment and we get some solid battles. The droid does so much work for spotting its unreal.

EMP + grenade combo can be so deadly.

/Atic 

Message 27 of 27 (196 Views)