Which weapon is the best for short/medium

by OveIion

Original Post

Which weapon is the best for short/medium

★★ Apprentice

Hi!

Im playing Wraith (later maybe Mirage) and i'd like to use the Peacekeeper and im looking something for my next weapon. For short/medium range.

Which one of them is better?:

R 301, Spitfire, Devotion, Flatline?

I still don't know what should i use for my gameplay (id like to come closer/behind)

Message 1 of 6 (313 Views)

Re: Which weapon is the best for short/medium

★ Apprentice

prowler with select fire mod is a beast.

Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)

★★ Guide

Wingman and R 99/R 301

Message 3 of 6 (286 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wingman is great, but heavily depends on your ability to aim. Not much room for error and can be punishing if you consistently miss. Risk vs reward.

R301 has been my go-to rifle lately, and is great even with no attachment. Incredibly accurate, hardly any spread, light ammo is plentiful, and the fire rate is in a great spot. Get it fully kitted and you're setting yourself up for a smooth victory.

Don't have any faith in hemlock or flatline, I only ever use them until I find a replacement. Flatline's recoil isn't worth having for the small increase in damage compared to the R301, and have just found both of these rifles to be unreliable most of the time. I'm sure if I used them more I might grow to like them, but as it stands, not for me.

Have yet to use the prowler with select fire mod extensively, as it is complete garbage without it. Seems like a lot of top streamers are siding on using it with the attachment so it could very well be worth investigating. Check it out!

Peacekeeper is a given for close range, and if you have the precision choke, it can easily be used for medium-ish range if you charge it up. There's no real reason to run anything else as a secondary compared to the peacekeeper, unless you are using a sniper. Peacekeeper is just too good in close range to pass up IMO.

Have recently started using the spitfire quite a bit, but still find myself choosing the R301 if it were to come down to choosing between the two. I've found it to be a solid weapon though and would recommend it over the other heavy ammo rifles.

Message 4 of 6 (270 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Heres an extract from a post i tried posting that got taken down for "spam" though i wrote it myself :/

1. The R-99 is the most powerful SMGs. It spits out bullets like a storm with a super high fire rate and does 12 damage or 18 with a headshot. Its fire rate is 1080 rounds per minute making its DPS The second highest to the mastiff which is still inconsistent depending on range with a 220 dps. with full attachments makes this weapon a killing machine. Bangalore uses this gun well with her passive, she can shoot a full magazine, if she gets shot at she can run away and reload then go back in and mag-dump again.
  2. The M600, with a consistent firerate dealing 20 damage a shot or 40 with a headshot, the gun has a 170 DPS with a 512 Rounds per minute fire rate, its recoil is barely existent making it super easy to laser people in the midrange.
  3. Golden guns. The mastiff is the only shotgun that can 1 shot a legend with purple or gold armour, it can deal 288 headshot damage in one shot which is very excessive but it makes the gun worth the small risk of getting a supply drop. The Kraber .50 cal can kill people in one shot as well doing 250 headshot damage and being well worth the risk.
  4. The devotion, the high fire rate and high damage does cost recoil, as one of the weapons that struggle from the most recoil, this weapon is overly powerful in the right hands, with a golden barrel stabilizer which may be hard to locate but is well worth it with a DPS of 205. Two downsides to this weapon is the ammo which is energy ammo and difficult to find and the other is recoil which is hard to control at certain times. The devotion also has its own Hop-Up called the turbocharger which makes it spin up faster which makes this gun even better.
  5. The wingman pistol, though it is only a pistol, it is extremely powerful, dealing 90 damage to the head with a 205 round per minute fire rate with hardly any recoil, it's a point and shoot, high damage dealing weapon which is even better with the Hop-Up. This gun is used by a popular streamer, shroud, who shows this weapons true power in the right hands.
  6. The R-301 Carbine is a fully automatic assault rifle that takes light ammo that deals 14 damage a shot and 28 for a headshot, though this seems insignificant, the R-301 Carbine boasts a 720 rounds per minute fire rate and a 180 DPS which is more than all of the other assault rifles, and the ammo it requires is super common and the weapon itself is easily found around the map
Message 5 of 6 (266 Views)

★★★ Guide
Wingman all the way.
Message 6 of 6 (262 Views)