Re: Where the Freak did all these trash players come from?

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

★★★ Expert

Loss forgiveness + unable to demote ranks.

I just had a ranked game where I was grouped with an Apex Predator, and a Diamond 2 player.

They were very very bad, Lifeline (pred) dead immediately since they ran to a place where she was smack in the middle of two teams, despite the fact that I pinged where the 2nd team was who just showed up, and had highground.

The place she was at before was behind cover from the 2nd team that came to 3rd party.

Now she's dead, I unloaded on a caustic with gold, he retreats a bit and I went down to snatch the banner assuming I get some covering fire from Bangalore. Who didn't give suppressing fire at all, so I het focused while i'm going for the banner and die.

As my view switches to spectate bangalore, I witness as this guy turned tail and began running, took cover at some rocks and healed shields. Then ran further for a bit, got inside one of those trailers crouched. After a moment of sitting still (he stood up from his seat at this point) I suddenly heard the "squad eliminated" sound. And I lost 36 points.

These two (they were a duo) have been abusing it last season also.

All they have to do now is make people demote so trashcans who abused it to climb can sink back down to where they belong.

Message 11 of 22 (3,861 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not just ranked. Casual too. As far as having “fun” how much fun is it 1 v 3 constantly? Off to modern warfare. Too bad I was having a good season 3, oh well.

Message 12 of 22 (3,856 Views)

★★ Expert

LMAO it's been like that since the game came out. It's only gotten worse and worse. People begged for solos to stay in the game permanently, but it never happened. First ranked season, man you'd be surprised how many people just hid in corners until final 3. I hit plat 5 and stopped trying to rank up, because every single person I had played with up until that point were all just trash. Literally, in the entirety of my climb to Plat 5, I was constantly 500-1.5k damage ahead of my teammates combined. Got tired of it by Plat 5 and just didn't bother. 

Normal queue gives teammates who make bad choices, ignore comms, have awful aim, terrible game sense, loot hogs, and obviously every toxic player under the sun who believes they're God's chosen to carry each and every game, and if they go down it's somehow their teammates fault. 

Ranked queue gives us...oh. The same thing? Yet somehow worse? Ah, great. Glad I bothered.

Message 13 of 22 (3,833 Views)

Champion

@hhnbbfggty66  you've hit the nail on the head there, only apex diehards and the COD christmas noobs are probably still hanging around apex.

I've taken a break from the game myself due to the sheer difficulty of finding a squad that can handle their own weight, gets incredibly tiresome after a while.

On a side note...to all of you complaining about apex bugs...COD really aint much better, the only difference being that they fix their issues pretty damn quick. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 22 (3,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagYou got that right, 3 patches in one week xD. I saw 1.05, then 2/3 days later 1.06 and suddenly 2 days later 1.07. I’m not saying that’s how it should be, but damnit that’s how it should be!

Respawn doesn’t have the resources Infinity Ward has. Respawn has less than 50 devs I think while infinity 100+? But even if you take away the patches, IW acknowledges stuff. People complaining bout loud footsteps, camping and claymores, 2 days later a formal video why they chose to do it like that. Many ppl didn’t agree, but at least they understood why they made the game ‘noob/newbfriendly’. After that changes were outlined and implemented. I have no idea actually but has Respawn actually formally adressed (Pathfinder) footsteps, hit registration and all other things wrong with the game?

LOLZ COD is much better! What are you talking about?! The only issue I have with the game is campers... which indirectly is IW’s fault due to map design, dead silence alteration and footstep loudness, but it’s more due to the camping player. The only things ‘wrong’ from IW’s side is footstep audio, claymores and dead silence. I don’t take gun balance in consideration cause that’s messed up in almost every shooter. Claymores is updated and they’ll monitor for further updates, same as footsteps and they already stated that in the upcoming more tweaks will be made. Now only dead silence and more CQC maps and it’ll be a fun game again!

Message 15 of 22 (3,814 Views)

★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 and why do all the noobs pick bloodhound. Yeah game isn't fun anymore its just wannabe streamers or complete noobs.
Message 16 of 22 (3,800 Views)

★★★ Expert

@mastiffslinger wrote:

Not just ranked. Casual too. As far as having “fun” how much fun is it 1 v 3 constantly? Off to modern warfare. Too bad I was having a good season 3, oh well.

I've been playing Fortnite recently, and actually, i'm surprised how nice it is, not really as a game to take seriously as a shooter. But damn, I can just que solo, not have any worries or frustration and play chill games when I feel like it.

Fortnite's map also isn't riddled with those terrible choke points.

Message 17 of 22 (3,795 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"I've been playing Fortnite recently, and actually, i'm surprised how nice it is, not really as a game to take seriously as a shooter. But damn, I can just que solo, not have any worries or frustration and play chill games when I feel like it.

Fortnite's map also isn't riddled with those terrible choke points."

I really enjoyed season 1-5 in Fortnite, but  I just got burnt out on the silliness of it. I was playing in the beginning when there were bugs and what not, but the thing is they addressed those bugs and patches came pretty quick. 

That is one of my biggest frustrations with Apex right now. 9 months in and the same audio problems, the lag is not as bad, but still present. The disconnects are not as bad as the early code: leaf, but still present. 

The addition of an ill conceived leaver penalty, I mean seriously I played in Fortnites leagues and if they would have introduced something this bad it would have been gone in a day. And I do mean 1 day, I get it Respawn doesn't want developer burnout, if I was them I would be more worried about player burnout. There is no gosh darn matchmaking of any kind in this game. 

I posted in another thread about the leaver penalty that the definition of ranked is to compete with similar skilled opponents. That is fine and good if your teams are similar as well. If you are stuck with 2 potatoes who can't even tell you from which direction they just got sniped at, well that is pathetic matchmaking. I am no Apex god, I hold my own.

But there has to be some point where developers get their heads removed from their buttocks and realize there needs to be an actual matchmaking system in place. You can't tell me that there are not enough single players in any given lobby to at least get 1 teammate with a similar k/d ratio as you in your squad and not 2 "Let's go play loot simulator" players.

I played pre-made when I can for this reason, but since I am 45 and most of my online friends are in their 20's our schedules don't actually jive too often. It is just really sad because every day I play this I think today is the day where it si going to be good and an hour of gameplay says nope still trash, so I spend the rest of my night playing Modern Warfare. Which I like, but I was having a pretty decent season 3 stat and game wise even in games with atrocious teammates. But I like anyone else just gets sick of 1 v 3 fights, or worse yet 3 on 3 you down 2 and break the shield of the third and your teammates can't bring down the third 2 v 1. And upon leaving you see your damage at 4- 500 and your teammates have 30 and 4 damage done. Seriously happened Caustic on my team was placing traps everywhere and got 1 tick of gas damage,but went through 2-3 clips of ammo in a 301 before being killed. I am guessing he missed a few shots.

Anyhoot @Wingmannedbro I am glad you are liking Fortnite it was a fun game and I learned a new skillset playing it. But tbh I am really glad I don't have to get into build battles anymore, I prefer more of the run and gun style that Apex re-introduced and I am hoping for a solo mode as well as a return to KC in the near future.

Message 18 of 22 (3,766 Views)

Yeah, some players are complete potatoes but I still have fun playing. It is a cool game. And sometimes, you get a diamond in the rough and  bag some wins. Swings and roundabouts 

Message 19 of 22 (3,733 Views)

[ Edited ]

@mastiffslinger I just cannot do the building thing in Fortnite and play more a run and shoot game too, while my son takes care of the building side of things in duos.

@Wingmannedbro us trash players are human too you know Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 20 of 22 (3,721 Views)