Re: Where’s the skill in this game?

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Where’s the skill in this game?

★★★★★ Guide

How about spawning equal gear in different areas and stop making the game based on luck ffs.

Sick to my stomach of this trash loot system that gives you nothing but worthless things just to run into someone who has full purple body shield..

At least warzone theres skills because everyone has equal body armour and it’s actually about who has the best setup..

Message 1 of 46 (1,749 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@SethCurry  You saw the upcoming LTM yeah?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 46 (1,733 Views)

★★★ Expert
@SethCurry don't see the guys in purple complaining...
Message 3 of 46 (1,732 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Nope because it’s another played out repetitive bore fest, those data gathering events don’t peak my interest..
Message 4 of 46 (1,694 Views)

Champion

@SethCurry  But it caters directly to your complaint about armour?

I'm slightly confused as to how you can not be interested in that if it limits the RNG struggles lol. O.o

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 46 (1,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The idea of the various levels of Armor was a nice concept, but now a very boring one, especially when you spend a great deal of time running all over the map trying to find better Armor.

While the game might be a combination of luck and skill, I have really seen it turn into being more luck based, especially when you're running around in White with very little loot and you run up against someone fully kitted, because then you have to be even more skilled, or lucky to win, and it's really frustrating, when you pile on the level of cheaters too...

As pointed out with Warzone, and if you all remember the Holo Day Bash, we were all in the same armor for that event.

You have my vote on getting rid of all the armor and just making it the same.

A year later, I have found myself many times in a game, still running around 3 minutes later in White, trying to find better armor.

P.S. If we really want this to me more about skill, then yes, we are all in the same level of armor and everyone has at least a pistol on drop. Now to fight hot, with the same level of armor and a pistol, will be more skill based, of course people at times get lucky no matter what situation they are in....

Message 6 of 46 (1,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MandatoryIDtagExactly. By playing it you give the impression you like it and maybe they implement it. Seth is clearly someone with a grudge they'll never make happy or a person who blames the game for everything.

Even before they try this I think starting with a basic gun is a good thing. I like the idea of equal shields but do not want it permanently. If I want a good shield I figure out how to kill someone with one.

Message 7 of 46 (1,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@hayhor

If you are in White with a Mozambique on a hot drop and I found all LVL2 Armor or even LVL3 with an R301, there's not going to be any figuring out how to get my Armor, I will kill you! LOL

Heck I'll kill you in White with the R301 too...

The point I'm trying to make, is we all know at times, it's just unbalanced...

I'm not arguing that skill is not needed in this game, because yes you're going to need a lot more skill or luck on defeating someone with a Mozambique against an R301...

But skills set aside, the game is still very much loot and luck based too; Apex Loot & Apex Luck.

If we want to balance out the game better, we do need to just have the same level of armor!

Oh and something I didn't see anyone mention, now all those cheaters out there, are going to be easier to kill, think about that for a second, someone running around with an Aimbot in the same level of armor, we will have a better chance at defeating them...

Message 8 of 46 (1,627 Views)

Champion
@xpl0its I fully understand what you mean. I guess I drop smarter than you is all. If you are dropping to spots with multiple teams then yes the game is quite random. I dont do this if there is more than one team. If you have watched any pro events they dont drop with other teams at all.
Message 9 of 46 (1,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@hayhor

Hey now, let's not make words sound insulting... LOL Smarter than me?

Dropping is where ever you want to go, hot or on the other side of the map, it's whatever you feel like doing.

No one is always going to win, the odds are stacked against us, that you will die more than win, that's just fact, but with hot dropping, if so inclined, with people scrambling around for loot, if you happen to be the one with the good loot, you're going to find it easier killing many that are still in white with limited armor.

Playing the Pro hand as you've mentioned, it's about going easier and not so Sweaty is all, and I do it all the time, drop away from people.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean about random? Because nothing is ever the same, no matter where you drop, it's all pretty random anywhere on the map at times...

PEACE Standard smile

P.S. I've played with Extreme Level Predator players, and watched them die all the time easy too, simply because they were out looted, there was nothing skilled about that moment of game play.Think about that, I've seen Predator Level players all the time struggle when out gunned and out looted, it's just the way it is. LIke I said the game at times is Apex Loot or Apex Luck.

Message 10 of 46 (1,593 Views)