Where's the consoles only crossplay option?

by OSFabinhuu

Original Post

Where's the consoles only crossplay option?

★ Apprentice

I remember Dice confirmed months ago that it would be possible to enable crossplay between consoles only. Have they changed their minds?

Message 1 of 6 (236 Views)

Re: Where's the consoles only crossplay option?

Hero (Retired)
@OSFabinhuu It's still Early Access and not many people playing. It'll most likely be enabled on 19th November.
Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@OSFabinhuu wrote:

I remember Dice confirmed months ago that it would be possible to enable crossplay between consoles only. Have they changed their minds?

Honestly @OSFabinhuu ,

I don't think that EA ever promised that in such specific terms.

(they are too clever to do that...)

I think EA merely acknowledged the community feedback on this being highly desired and that they would look into what options for this that may be implemented later.

Here in recent weeks, they have now confirmed that the old-gen consoles will be able to play together in CrossPlay (and not together with the PC!).  So that seems to be a certainty.

But for the new-gen consoles and PC, there it is still full enabled CrossPlay with all, or no CrossPlay at all.

Hope that this helped to answer your question.

Message 3 of 6 (224 Views)

@OSFabinhuu wrote:

@OSFabinhuu DICE did not promise console only crossplay. It is entirely possible that it might make it into the game as it's something they may look into but it's not something on the roadmap or currently promised.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 6 (191 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found this:

CROSS-PLAY IN BATTLEFIELD 2042 BEYOND THE TECHNICAL PLAYTEST

We are still building cross-play functionality, and the first opportunity for us to test it with a wider, invite-only group will be within the Technical Playtest. Right now, we’d like to give you an understanding of what we’re looking to achieve as final functionality beyond the Technical Playtest, so here is an overview of what you can expect that to look like:

• PC, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation®5 consoles
    • PC and console can opt-out from playing together
  • Xbox One and PlayStation®4 systems

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-briefing-answering-your...

And in the Open Beta there were 2 types of crossplay to enable or not.

There was no way of knowing what exactly those options were, but they were there.

Message 5 of 6 (169 Views)

Hero
@OSFabinhuu That information was to highlight that PC, PS5 and Xbox S/X can crossplay together (or turn it off and only play with people on the same platform), while Xbox One and PS4 are not able to play with PC at all.

As it currently stands there is no way of opting out of playing with PC players while still being able to play with console players on a different platform. If you disable crossplay then you will only be able to play with people on your platform.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 6 (164 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help