Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Where is the game we were promised..Anthem

by JordanSleepy25

Original Post

Where is the game we were promised..Anthem

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Good afternoon to all,

Hope everyone is doing good.  The reason for my post is the following, I have never felt more disappointed, sad and angry all at the same time with Anthem, BioWare and EA. I have been playing Anthem since launch, but for now let’s just move on. Never have I seen a game go from 10 to zero within a month of release date. Then we have had so many so called patch notes, telling us Yes we have fixed issues, Yes we are working on the loot system, Yes we are continuing to correct issues.

For the the sake of argument, Lets just say yesterday I had a server shut down with in 2 minutes of logging into Stronghold, (alone no other players) then during the my 6 hours of gaming with my friend who joined me an hour later, we both had the following errors happened, you have been disconnected from the servers (twice) Pilot errors 3 times and again lost connection to our servers and game froze. At this point my friend left the game very frustrated.  

Now I did all the Trouble shooting that EA has advised me in the pass to conduct, when these errors were happening. Nothing was working, so I tried 3 different times to chat with EA, but we suddenly disconnected?? Then a return phone call, 4 times waiting period 0, so I expected a return call within a reasonable time, am still waiting. But they sure are quick to respond in an email ( I have 12 just from yesterday) with a case number, stating ‘We tried connecting with you in reference to your Case but could not reach you’. Then it advises me to go to all these prompts to get reconnected, just for a repeat performance. Lies, lies, and more lies at least be try to be honest, you are CUSTOMER SERVICE I have never been rude or cursed to anyone at EA!! At this moment you BioWare and EA have betrayed us. I have read from a moderator here that they have made monies, the game is good, we have done everything we can, etc. Of course you’ve all made monies on Anthem, with people like us who have paid for Anthem digitally example Xbox one and who believed the developers from twitter to YouTube stating we care, we not giving up on Anthem....all the patch notes, all the promises have been broken, just like Anthem. Saying this does not make me happy in any shape or form. 

From the gamer base is gone..

Patch notes, haven’t really been patched anything

Anthems game is already on super low sale price

What upsets to my core is that the Developers of Anthem, are not newbies they know how to make an outstanding, amazing games that gets us invested in there characters. I think I could understand the vision or idea they had for Anthem and if they all could have just stayed on the one page until that part was completed and then move forward. We would be in the ness we are in now. 

It completely upsetting to own a that wasn’t even the one they advertised and now this is it, with all its non-patches.all the bugs in the universe have gathered in Anthem. Oh and I haven’t even seen any, none, nada of a legendary loot drop. 

My next approach will be getting a refund for all of these broken promises and I have the emails to back it up. BioWare and EA your just sad very sad. You can only stay silence for a certain amount of time, before we all demand our monies back. 

Not even my Doctors have broken there promises and I have a Chronic Illness. So yes Bioware and EA shame on you!! I may own ME one, two and three and ME Andromeda which compared to Anthem was an awesome game, along with my Dragon Age games. But Anthem will be last one, until I deleted from Xbox. 

My apologizes for any misspelled words but darn it am so mad and disappointment. 

Message 1 of 15 (423 Views)

Re: Where is the game we were promised..Anthem

★★ Guide

Good luck

Message 2 of 15 (397 Views)

★★★ Guide
it died 8 months from release. if you read up on the development process you will see where they had to change everything.
Message 3 of 15 (356 Views)

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
it died 8 months from release. if you read up on the development process you will see where they had to change everything.

What clickbait video have you sourced this from? Even the Schreier article speculates the game had a major refocusing in the Spring of 2017 (2 years from launch). Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 4 of 15 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you find that game let me know. I want to play! Theory craft build ideas, and actually be able to get gear with inscriptions for the build. Sounds like so much fun. Can you imagine entering strongholds from hidden entrances in free play? 

I'm still shocked heads did not roll over this bull-feces. How extreme management errors could be made, without someone getting hung out to dry baffles me. It's like neither company has any pride in what they do.

Message 5 of 15 (345 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JordanSleepy25 wrote:

What upsets to my core is that the Developers of Anthem, are not newbies they know how to make an outstanding, amazing games that gets us invested in there characters.

What makes you think the people who worked for BioWhere, back when they were BioWare, were involved with Anthem? Mass Effect Andromeda, as a story, sucked balls. The story in Anthem sucks balls. In both games who gave a damn about any of the characters? I didn't, not like I did in Mass Effect 1-3 or DA 1-Inquisition or even SWTOR. Just because the name is the same, doesn't mean it has the same level of quality.

The BioWhere that made ME:A and Anthem are not the BioWare we loved.

Message 6 of 15 (274 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MaireDevylin 

I think you are right. I don't know what is the stronger feeling:

The anger of being tricked and cheated by this "Bioware" or the grief about old Bioware being dead.

Message 7 of 15 (237 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

Yes I know this about both games, but personally Andromeda wasn't such a disappointment to me, when I feel complaining to the Better Business Bureau in regards to a game. 

Message 8 of 15 (229 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Agree 100%
Message 9 of 15 (227 Views)

★★★ Guide

@JordanSleepy25 you are on Xbox?  I'm on PS4. I don't know if you set up your internet the same way - I've never had an Xbox.  

I was plagued with the infamous pilot errors.  I set my internet connection manually, and changed my primary DNS (DSN?) Setting to 8.8.8.8 and my secondary to 8.8.4.4 and they went away.  I retained using a proxy server.  If yours is the same, maybe this will help somewhat.

Message 10 of 15 (180 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help