Re: Where is the SBMM in ranked?!!

by Renegade_Prime86

Original Post

Where is the SBMM in ranked?!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I’m currently in platinum yet for some reason every game I get teammates with the aim and game sense of a bronze/ low silver player. They can’t win 1v1 fights, they try and 1v3 full teams, they make stupid decisions like giving up high ground to push a Caustic/ Wattson team that’s already fully set up indoors. Literally every game for the past 10 or so games it’s been left to me every time to 1v3 a full squad because my other teammates have already died 

And yet I’m being paired against players who have 20 bomb/ 4K damage badges, ex-predator squads and overall players who are really really good at the game. So where is this supposed skill based matchmaking?! Isn’t the whole point of it so players can play with and against people of a similar skill level? Because it clearly isn’t working 

Message 1 of 8 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Bean2kay9lol normal it's because ranked mode reward u by being camper bot

Message 2 of 8 (356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Ranked is broken, the EXP is creating scenarios where people who play a lot are gaining ranks based on play time and not skill level, also you get locked in ranks without demotion...and i think they are doing this to balance player pools, the only thing you can do is stop playing the game till a reset until this issue is addressed so keep an eye on your K/d if it goes down dramatically your in the wrong rank and should stop playing.

Also this could be a ploy by E.A. to use psychology against players, players that do extremely well tend to spend more money on skins and other things, they could be sandbagging players that are way better than their level to make sure they are happy that have spent lots of money to keep them spending money... that is just a theory... 

EA is notorious for player manipulation ...loot boxes being one example they are being nailed on in courts across the world.... 

At the end of the day to these big faceless corporations your nothing more than an ATM machine and would not care if you died or if their game was causing you to do things to lead you to your ruin... money is all they care about.. not you...

The sad reality if this manipulation is real, is that they need players that play only FTP too because without them, the ATM machines would have to play against each other and the effect they are going for is diminished and also their game will fail, which is actually happening because players are noticing... how broken ranked is...I have anyways..but i am hoping I am wrong...

Maybe corporate integrity exists?

Message 3 of 8 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bean2kay9 When I solo queue in ranked(Still doing it at D2 this split) I tend to just play for me.

I will support my team in every way possible until they've compromised the team or myself. 

If I think a fight or route is a poor decision ill let them know, either by voice chat or pings. if they're in a party or don't respond that's their choice and at that point shouldn't expect me to cover their mistakes for them. 

I've had multiple games where we die at top 3 and I have 4-5 kills and roughly 2k damage just for my randoms to have done roughly 200 damage. 

But I'm confident enough in my own ability that I wont take -48s or -60s unless its my own fault. 

Message 4 of 8 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

These randoms that do 200 hundred dam. do you think they are in the right rank?

Do you spend money on this game Slender? 
My guess is that you do and your in fact in the wrong rank...

... The more i think about this ... the more I think they are doing this... makes sense..

Do you notice your randoms in the majority do less damage than you and you get consistently more kills?

The game may have sandbagged you to make you feel good and make you spend more money.

with FTP games their is always a catch!! I think this is it... really clever and hard to see?
I think i'm done with this game....Why didn't i see this ...earlier

Nothing in this world is free...  

later all ..won't be posting here again...

Message 5 of 8 (316 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@DragonshadowCF "Also this could be a ploy by E.A. to use psychology against players, players that do extremely well tend to spend more money on skins and other things, they could be sandbagging players that are way better than their level to make sure they are happy that have spent lots of money to keep them spending money... that is just a theory..."

I support this theory
Message 6 of 8 (269 Views)

★ Guide
@Bean2kay9 If you think thats hard then you should try to reach D3 and play solo, every game you get plats and d4s in team and you get against fully stacked masters or preds
Message 7 of 8 (246 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Bean2kay9 I stopped playing ranked since S5 for the same reasons as you said, it's been like this for a long time now.

What made me give up ranked mostly is because players even have a worse mentally in it than pubs
Message 8 of 8 (235 Views)