Re: Where has everyone gone?

★ Guide
I went back to ESO and now playing BDO.

Maybe I'll play anthem again, maybe not
Message 21 of 54 (354 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I still play on request.  In fact if anyone on PS4 needs someone to run with you can PM me on the board here to trade info.  I wont start the game up on my own though, not worth it to play without a group right now.

Message 22 of 54 (334 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I play a little every day. Did a legendary mission and a stronghold today, GM2, neither had 4 people in it. Played some yesterday, got 2 lemons, useless ones, and that's about it. Just don't have the drive to play anymore. The lack of progression and repetitive nature of the game is terrible and sucks the life out of me.

Message 23 of 54 (324 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think most of us have just left, because there's nothing to do.

I haven't played for over a week now I think.  There's just no point.  I have to spend countless hours farming to get a legendary, most of which end up being garbage.

I have to repeat the same content over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

No thanks.

I was one of the few people defending Anthem, but I'm over it now too.  

I hope they do something about it soon, or that will pretty much be the end of Anthem. 

Message 24 of 54 (307 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Gone? Yea, there is still no reason to return, at least for me and a bunch of my friends. Even in my clans there are more than 90% eligible players move on to other games.

Message 25 of 54 (290 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I never have problems finding people to play with but I am on PC. I can instantly get a stronghhold group with the quickplay option every time. Although I hear doing regular contracts can be lonely, not surprising since it doesn't offer anything better than other content.

Message 26 of 54 (283 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

I can’t speak for “everyone,” but personally I’ve always avoided public mode for story missions like a plague. The last thing I want is to be rushed through a once-per-character mission by three other people who are just trying to finish a challenge as quickly as possible. I’m also doing the Triple Threat chain right now, but I’m doing it solo or, occasionally, with a friend.

I mean, I do realize that a significant numbers of people have probably left the game by now, temporarily or perhaps even permanently, but you also can’t jump to a conclusion that “nobody” is playing anymore by looking at story mission queues that have private mode.

If you have issues with getting enough players to backfill later in the mission, that’s a quickplay issue. In the beginning, quickplay was kinda broken for a while, from what I heard, so many people might still be avoiding it (although it seemed to work when I queued for it to complete a daily about a week ago).

It’s also a question of difficulty mode separation. At this point, most of the people that do still play probably have full Masterwork loadouts at least, and many likely have full or partial Legendary loadouts as well (hell, even I have at least one Masterwork loadout for each of my javelins by now, and I barely even play compared to some people). So even if they do queue for quickplay, they’re likely queueing for it on GM2. The fact that the game strongly pushes you to delete older gear doesn’t really help with the situation, since queueing for Hard mode in Masterwork/Legendary gear really is kinda obnoxious.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 27 of 54 (269 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Was playing last 40 game hours in Division 2 myself,but still reading forum in hope for something worthy to give reason to comeback.

Message 28 of 54 (243 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
i think a lot of us that stuck around after division and horrible reviews left for the same reason:

we saw the patents that EA just acquired before the release of anthem.

they say it took almost a decade to make this game but theres nothing in it, the story is able to be complete in a day, half the end game content is recycled, and theres no reason to upgrade when nobody runs end game content because you have better farming at nooby gm1 and gm2, and they added self reviving while making gm3 easier. theres no challenge and no point.

this game was designed to make us guinea pigs for their new patents. they have acquired the rights to give worse rewards to players who play longer and spend less in the cash shop, while giving better loot to people who play less and spend more.

basically anthem was never meant to be a great game, they were testing out their new AI RNG systems for future pay to win games, and you paid 100 bucks to test it for them. go look up the patents and ur stomach will turn and you will never support EA again.
Message 29 of 54 (199 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

id like to point out since quiting ive played at least 5 different games with similar or better fighting and flying mechanics, so i do not even understand where the years of development time went besides pretty colours and implementing their new pay to win RNG models. if you are still here, you are hooked, and they won. you grind all day and get nothing, you take a break and hit the jackpot. it is designed to keep you playing and keep you spending.

Message 30 of 54 (196 Views)
Twitter Stream