Where are we on the 120 FPS option?

by Redstevo

Original Post

Where are we on the 120 FPS option?

★ Guide

A couple of months ago on Reddit this was noted to be a high priority by the devs, but we haven’t heard anything else since then. Is 120 FPS coming to series X? Even if the resolution had to be pushed down I would like to see it as an option. Cheers

Message 1 of 5 (475 Views)

Re: Where are we on the 120 FPS option?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

LoL 120 FPS on an Xbox for this kind of game where you have up to 60 or so independently operated people running around the map and long range visibility. Your rendering will be equal to minecraft or valheim.

Get a proper gaming PC if you want 120+ FPS.

You should be getting 60 or so FPS now to utilize at 120+ detail, depth,  and rendering would be cut in half. 

The three biggest things that eat up graphics cards is how wide and far the view is and rendering and shadowing.

Message 2 of 5 (461 Views)

Champion
@THE_DREADED_DEAD Next gen should be able to handle 120 fps. It works well on other games. Next gen consoles have some pretty good hardware.
Message 3 of 5 (457 Views)

★ Guide
@THE_DREADED_DEAD The devs already said this was a priority when talking about these particular consoles, so it sounds like it would be possible, maybe down at 1080p or so. I wouldn’t count it out yet
Message 4 of 5 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You must be new to the next gen. My PC is about equal to a series X and running Apex at 120fps is a lot easier than it is to run Warzone as such... and guess what. Warzone runs at 90-120fps (without there even being a next-gen patch yet) on the Series X. The only thing that's actually downgraded is the resolution usually. Which went from 4k to 1440p in the case of Warzone. Now, Apex already runs at either 1440p or 1080p depending on your console, so with a bit of optimization it really shouldn't be an issue. 

Besides, whoever takes graphics over performance in a game like this?

Message 5 of 5 (397 Views)