Re: Where are the Duos, Solos, and Squad modes!?

by unferth

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@adidasPowah wrote:
the point is nobody will force you to play solos all brs have solos/duos/squads and you can choose

This game is heavily built around a team, and team synergy. If you want solo's what is wrong with the other BR games that offer it? Why are people so hung up on making Apex like the other games?

Different playlists will split the player base. That is a fact.

The game would need some reworking to make solos viable. I would rather Respawn work on the core game and add content and fix issues than a new game mode which could bring it's own issues and bugs.

Message 11 of 36 (460 Views)

★★★ Guide

you have no idea how mutch fun is to play 1v1 against good player it happens like 1 in 100 games on squad but on solos you would be matched way more often also would be easyer to run skrims with friends 

Message 12 of 36 (455 Views)

★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@OGTripleP wrote:

Where the hell are the Solo, Duo, and Squad modes? How hard is it to add these modes already!?

Pretty hard when you consider that this game was structured from the very foundation as a squad based BR.

Respawn stations, knockdown shields, legend abilities and hitboxes, even the usage time of recovery items, was all designed for squad based gameplay.

So what you are asking for is essentially an almost entirely new game.

Their is absolutely nothing about this game that is structured around squads.  You can easily put in solo's and duo's. 

Message 13 of 36 (433 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Here we go again. How many threads is this on Solo's now? I reckon about 2546545584.

This game will need a lot of changes to accommodate solo's.

Legends themselves with have to be removed for starters. 

Hitbox size is the biggest issue here, not to mention abilities. 

If anyone thinks this game just can just be switched over to Solo's with no changes.

You need to go back to single player games. 

Message 14 of 36 (421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@unferth wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@OGTripleP wrote:

Where the hell are the Solo, Duo, and Squad modes? How hard is it to add these modes already!?

Pretty hard when you consider that this game was structured from the very foundation as a squad based BR.

Respawn stations, knockdown shields, legend abilities and hitboxes, even the usage time of recovery items, was all designed for squad based gameplay.

So what you are asking for is essentially an almost entirely new game.

Their is absolutely nothing about this game that is structured around squads.  You can easily put in solo's and duo's. 

So you could still use a respawn station after you get downed in a solo game?  And those knockdown shields will help also.

And lifelines shield, fast revive passive would still benefit you in solo's is what you're saying?

You can keep saying nothing in this game is structured around squads, yet the developers of this game are on camera interviews saying this whole game was structured around 3 player squads.

Message 15 of 36 (407 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Jimmahwd wrote:

Here we go again. How many threads is this on Solo's now? I reckon about 2546545584.

This game will need a lot of changes to accommodate solo's.

Legends themselves with have to be removed for starters. 

Hitbox size is the biggest issue here, not to mention abilities. 

If anyone thinks this game just can just be switched over to Solo's with no changes.

You need to go back to single player games. 

Exactly, it's like I said earlier.

They would almost have to create a whole new game. They could only take the map minus the respawn beacons.

Message 16 of 36 (405 Views)

★ Pro

There will be a new thread daily until they add Solo's. We WANT it. It's by far the best mode for BR's.

Message 17 of 36 (372 Views)

★ Guide

@OGTripleP wrote:

In fortnight? They are all fortnight features right? I've barely played it but as far as I understand this is true.
Message 18 of 36 (372 Views)

★ Guide

@Silz616 wrote:

@adidasPowah wrote:
the point is nobody will force you to play solos all brs have solos/duos/squads and you can choose

This game is heavily built around a team, and team synergy. If you want solo's what is wrong with the other BR games that offer it? Why are people so hung up on making Apex like the other games?

The game would need some reworking to make solos viable. I would rather Respawn work on the core game and add content and fix issues than a new game mode which could bring it's own issues and bugs.

Couldn't agree more with this. The game, for me at least, is designed for team play. I don't want that to change, it's what keeps it fun and fresh for me.

Message 19 of 36 (372 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@ajharris21 wrote:

@Silz616 wrote:

@adidasPowah wrote:

Couldn't agree more with this. The game, for me at least, is designed for team play. I don't want that to change, it's what keeps it fun and fresh for me.

Yep, I agree. I've had great games with randoms, but with team understanding.

I've been saved by Gib throwing up a shield. I've pulled great flanks on enemies using Wraiths portal and also some great revives/rescues also using the portal. Lifeline is great for the team if used correctly and saves team mates hoarding med kits. Caustic using traps to keep a team away while he revives. Pathfinder getting his team out of or into a danger zone with his ult. The list is endless imo.

People often don't see past there own game play and agenda. I'm guilty of this sometimes when team mates don't communicate or I overlook what they are up to. I forgot I was playing Lifeline when both team mates needed health.. I felt a proper idiot.... Or I jump into a fire fight when my team mates may not be fully equip to do the same (poor weapons etc).

People already complain about being third partied. In solos this would become even more of an issue imo.

If Respawn bring in solos, that's fine, but I fully understand why they haven't. The begging on the forum to introduce solos, when the game mechanics, and the lack of any news to suggest this mode is on the cards is tiresome.

Message 20 of 36 (346 Views)