Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: When will they address items turning into embers?

by EfilsGod

Original Post

When will they address items turning into embers?

★★★★ Apprentice

It may only be affecting some players. But those that it does effect is a game breaking loot nerf.

And it is what ultimately caused me to uninstall.

This should be simple to fix truly.

I suspect it's a side effect of Elysian Chests and embers from chests will go away completely when Elysian Chests go away. Which will be very telling if that prediction comes to pass.

If they at least turned loot up it would be a lot more bearable.

Overall this has been incredibly disappointing.

I hope they can eventually figure out that all they need to keep players is decent loot.

Message 1 of 6 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I would assume they added ember drops to provide a steady supply of embers for the consumables, without making you salvage blue and purple items. That said, it makes a lot more sense to drop blue and purple embers than Masterwork ones (unless they’re planning to add Masterwork sigils at some point later).

They could also consider dropping the consumable costs to 1 ember per sigil. Making an Epic sigil cost five Epic embers just means they now need to give you five times as much Epic ember (more, really, since you may lose them to Pilot Data Error), and most people perceive those extra embers as diluted loot pool.

Of course, needing to implement the systems for being able to do all of those things may be part of what’s taking them so long to “fix loot.”

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 2 of 6 (203 Views)

★★ Guide

There is definitely a bug with both Furies and the second chest in HoR. It seems that this bug occurs if there are players playing in a pre-made team including the case when you are not in a team with other players but other players have formed the team among themselves. Very often this results in Furies not dropping 2 items each as intended, i.e. a player might get 0-4 items from furies and the chest drops only 0, 1, or 3 items besides embers. If at least one of the furies does not drop 2 items there will be only embers dropped from the chest or 1 item at best.

Message 3 of 6 (196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Veteran players sit on 20k + epic embers and other crafting mats (useless anyway). Basically this game would be fine with no loot except legendaries but that would look boring upon chest opening, wouldn't it? We love those addictive popping sounds even though it is crap.

Message 4 of 6 (156 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SatheA wrote:

Veteran players sit on 20k + epic embers and other crafting mats (useless anyway). Basically this game would be fine with no loot except legendaries but that would look boring upon chest opening, wouldn't it? We love those addictive popping sounds even though it is crap.

No, we don't.  I honestly am having a hard time remembering what the hell popping sounds you are talking about sounded like, it's been so * long since I got one.  Pretty sure that looks way the * more boring on chest opening.

Message 5 of 6 (90 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EfilsGod wrote:

@SatheA wrote:

No, we don't.  I honestly am having a hard time remembering what the hell popping sounds you are talking about sounded like, it's been so * long since I got one.  Pretty sure that looks way the * more boring on chest opening.

20k is a conservative estimate for epic embers. I don't hear the Legendary sound often enough for it to sink in either. I don't even get excited when I see one drop, because of how unlikely it is getting something you don't have, or that has decent Inscriptions.

Message 6 of 6 (82 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help