When will mass effect andromeda restart after in being Cancelled in 2017

by generaljimbob91

Original Post

Re: When will mass effect andromeda restart after in being Cancelled in 2017

★★★★ Guide
ME 1&2 was fine without the multiplayer, so it was really undeeded for ME3 and Andromeda. I didn't mind the space travel so much, it was the landing and taking-off cut-scenes that really bothered me after a while as well as the oneway animation on the transit tram, like seriously would t have been so hard to just reverse the animation to make it seem like we were going back and forth along the line? But admittedly that's just a nitpick haha.
Message 11 of 13 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@halloweenchild13 The multiplayer mode of ME3 made EA a ton of money over time, probably even more than the game sales themselves thanks to the "whales" who spend thousands of dollars on equipment packs. A former BioWare dev said that he knew of players who spent $15,000 on multiplayer content. It's this promise of continuous income that allows BioWare to spend more on their games, including the single player. There's no way EA would approve of another Mass Effect game without a multiplayer component.

I disagree with the argument that it takes focus away from the single player, since they were done by different studios. Mass Effect 3's single player mode was made by BioWare Edmonton, whereas the multiplayer mode was done by BioWare Montreal with some help from Psyonix (the Rocket League devs).

Simply put, there's no downside to there being a multiplayer mode. It only affects the single player positively due to increased budgets, plus you can choose not to play it if you don't like it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 13 (710 Views)

★★★ Guide

@EA_Ataashiwrote:

Fortunately, no one said that Mass Effect Andromeda will be the last instalment from this legendary series Standard smile

Ending the support for MEA singleplayer was a tough decision for the studio, but it definitely doesn't mean that the team won't come back with more games from the Mass Effect universe in the future. We all have to wait for any updates from BioWare directly Wink

/Ataashi

Actually, it was easy for them to do, since supporting the single player part of the game would bring in no profit, while supporting the multiplayer side would, since companies just care about profit in the end, so in the end, it was an easy choice to make.

I just find it really sad that a company just gives something up because it wasn't perfectly profitable, which ultimately was their own fault, next time, do not rush it out the door like impatient idiots.

Message 13 of 13 (656 Views)