Re: When will Cross Play / Transfer of Player Progression be available?

by a24zxc5411011abx

Original Post

When will Cross Play / Transfer of Player Progression be available?

★★★ Newbie

Apex Legends has been out for several months now. I think it is time to enable cross play with the different platforms in order to expand the community. Also, Respawn should allow players to transfer progress between different platforms like PC to PS4 or PS4 to PC. I recently began to play Apex Legends on the PC platform and it sucks that my progression is not transferable. Please add cross play and player progression transfers soon. The game is amazing and a lot of fun compared to the other battle royale games. Only thing that the game lacks is these two issues. Hope you guys plan to change that soon. Thanks for the great content and please continue to strive for greatness!

Message 1 of 12 (5,494 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@rockleemico It’s been stated multiple times (not sounding annoyed) that they don’t have cross play on their minds yet (but we all think they do), but so far nothing has been announced yet so you just have to wait for an announcement.
Message 2 of 12 (5,476 Views)

★★★ Expert
@rockleemico https://dotesports.com/apex-legends/news/respawn-apex-crossplay-ginormous-amount-of-effort-and-work

Very slim chance of crossplay happening, and for sure not sooner than 2020-2021 (IF they decide it's worth going for it).
Message 3 of 12 (5,465 Views)

★★★★ Pro

progression will not be available, and it's not going to happen the Devs already mentioned this a long time ago.

Respawn didn't add the feature in when the game was being build from the ground up. And can't do so now because their is no way to do it / add it in.

Cross progression Topic/thread

Message 4 of 12 (5,423 Views)

★★ Guide

@rockleemico wrote:

Apex Legends has been out for several months now. I think it is time to enable cross play with the different platforms in order to expand the community. Also, Respawn should allow players to transfer progress between different platforms like PC to PS4 or PS4 to PC. I recently began to play Apex Legends on the PC platform and it sucks that my progression is not transferable. Please add cross play and player progression transfers soon. The game is amazing and a lot of fun compared to the other battle royale games. Only thing that the game lacks is these two issues. Hope you guys plan to change that soon. Thanks for the great content and please continue to strive for greatness!

Player progression transfer is almost non existent in the industry, sad but hopefully it changes sooner rather than later. Cross play happening or not happening is not only up to respawn.

Message 5 of 12 (5,394 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@rockleemico I agree that cross play should come to this game, but progress transfers between platforms is not likely to ever happen, even if cross play does.
Message 6 of 12 (5,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

although it says lots of effort, it would give them so much more profit. I, and i think others too, would be willing to spend more money on the game if it was cross play and cross progression enabled.

Message 7 of 12 (4,577 Views)

★ Novice

im sorry i dont believe that theirs not away to add it in destiny 2 didnt launch with cross platform save but now it has it

Message 8 of 12 (4,121 Views)

ur crossplay is here, buy a pc and plug a controller in and have free hacks. 

Message 9 of 12 (4,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No acceptable excuses other that corporate greed. "Not possible," well make it possible. We have waited over a year for this, you have had the time to implement or even re code. No more waiting, we have literally paid for it...

Message 10 of 12 (1,492 Views)