When trying to download Sims 4, I get a folder opened up?

by Ashl3y0524

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When trying to download Sims 4, I get a folder opened up?

★★★ Newbie

So I've been a pretty frequent user of sims and origin within my life, I've had this computer for a while and I downloaded sims 3 a few months ago. When I put the Sims 4 disc into my computer and I am prompted to do something with the disc, all it does is open a folder. I deleted a few things off my computer a while ago to clear some space but I am 99% sure they had nothing to do with Sims. My mom has already used this disc on her computer so typing in the code through origin won't work. Can anyone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 5 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When trying to download Sims 4, I get a folder opened up?

★★★ Newbie

Omg I'm feeling quite stupid after hours of looking but I just found that we had bought a thing with 2 disks, and I happened to be using the wrong disk.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (579 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ashl3y0524 clicking on Auto-run should start the installation but if the code has already been redeemed to an Origin account then you will not be able to install and play the game on a different PC unless you are logged into your Mom's account. The code can only be redeemed to a single account and once that occurs it cannot be played on another. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey thanks for the reply. I have almost all the sims 3 expansions and in the past my whole family has used the same discs to download the sims and we've never had any problems. Have they changed something about that in the sims 4?

Message 3 of 5 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Omg I'm feeling quite stupid after hours of looking but I just found that we had bought a thing with 2 disks, and I happened to be using the wrong disk.

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ashl3y0524 Sims 3 could be played from disc whereas Sims 4 can only be played with an Origin account.

Glad to hear that you fixed the issue you were seeing.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (568 Views)