Re: When is there going to be a solo mode?

by ankhax

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, do not panic! If there will be solo mode, it don't ruin anything. Yes, there are too much things to be considered about. No revivals, etc....   But you can still play team mode. And everybody will be happy.

Message 11 of 19 (368 Views)

★★★ Guide
the point we're trying to get across is that the game isn't designed for solo play. And you demanding it doesn't make any sense.
Message 12 of 19 (341 Views)

★ Guide

game isn't made for solo . even the skills are made to be worked for a team. for example smoke cannot be useful unless you only use it defensvily . but offensvily you need bloodhound to make it an offensive skill. 

many synergies are there for team play. 

solo play with be boring. people will camp spots . I hate solo BR because it take longer with people camping 

Message 13 of 19 (338 Views)

★ Guide

I just want a solo mode so I don't have to be paired with some * who runs off by himself because he wants to play solo...

Message 14 of 19 (329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You don't have to play the solo mode if you don't want to of course. All I'm saying is try it out and see if the Apex community likes it and if they do then keep it but if everyone hates it which could happen then they can take it out but a lot of you are saying people will camp and bla bla bla. People can already camp if they want to, so your argument doesn't hold any ground. 

Message 15 of 19 (312 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The thing is, just because it's a "team game" it doesn't mean that people will play as a team, even if someone on the team tries to play as one, there is not guarantee that the other will cooperate. I can think about a number of games that had this problem, all of them have some kind of "solo" mode. To name a few: Overwatch, LoL, CS:GO. A few things can be applied to Apex.

1- Ladder System.

2- Duo mode.

3-  Set apart solo queue mode and premade squad mode.

4- Solo mode. But the game would need some rework, because some passives would be wasted like Lifeline's. So I can think of removing the passives altogether on solo mode. But this is just a personal thought.

Message 16 of 19 (295 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd be all for a solo queue feature, but with the stipulations that 1) you cannot choose which legend you play, and 2) you receive less XP for completing matches solo.

Firstly, the 3-man squad element ensures that the 60-player battle royal will have some variety --- it's TRUE that there will always be a Lifeline on your team, but going solo kinda screws up everything because you'll always want to chose a legend who is more independent of a team than other legends or whose abilities can be gamed as effectively in a solo queue environment; while you can argue that this is more of a personal behaviour thing rather than choosing the correct legend, I'd argue that Lifeline (for example) will work well independently given her abilities but really rises to her full optimization in on a team. 

Secondly, team-based actions (reviving / respawning allies) should be weighted more heavily, and that a simple system of commending your allies should be implemented (similar to what Overwatch has) which can also give a little XP per commendation; +25 points per each, a maximum of 50 points: A small incentive to keep players in teams and which would not exist in the solo-queue. If you're solo queuing for XP, then you can you'll save time never going into knocked-down mode which may compensate for the theoretical loss of XP gained by helping out squad mates (or, maybe it wouldn't, who knows).

Thirdly, it'd be a real shame to see the development of the Ping system to go to waste. It's pretty handy. It emphasizes and streamlines communication among squad mates.

I'm unsure how many people "solo queue" already (ie. they ignore their teammates entirely), and the inclusion of a solo queue would draw them in, but if they already "solo queue," then they don't need a mechanical implementation of such a system. However, the 2 squad mates still willing to work as a team unknowingly (and unrighteously) have a dud on their team. Thus, an actual solo queue may help alleviate this issue - It MAY help an issue which may not be that rampant, which may be likened to putting a cast over a paper cut you thought you saw.

I think that a solo queue option should exist if only to give us another option. If it doesn't happen, due either to developmental or ideological constraints, I'm happy with how the game is already in regards to queuing.

Message 17 of 19 (294 Views)

★ Apprentice

Although I agree solo mode would be nice. They need to fix the current problems before creating new ones. Also the fact every champ or legend has different abilities makes it a little harder to make a solo mode. It will probably be a one sided game with the same legend running around. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not though. Might be fun..

Anyways, fix the current game with its crashing issues then maybe focus on different game modes. Till then you guys might just have to try being social for once and learn to work on a team.

Message 18 of 19 (285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Jeffliveshere The ping system is awesome and I use for just about everything, but I rarely see people using to be honest, when I play with friends the system rly shines. But when I queue solo, people just don't use it, I have put about 104h into the game and I this is one of the things that frustrates me the most, I ping attachments, weapons, bullets, enemies, where I'm going... but most of the time it's just me, when ppl do ping anything is where they are running to but only when they are halfway there cuz of course they want all the loot for themselves. Meanwhile I have to search the places they passed thru to find that blue vest for me. Also a lot of times I ping vests, helmets, for my teammates and they just ignore it, when its clear that they are using a worse one.

Message 19 of 19 (281 Views)