Re: When is the next patch coming

by NORFIE123456789

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Neeki81 wrote:

I hope they would communicate way more and I don't mean ETA's or other promises. Just telling what they are doing and / or what they are planning. Waiting in dark is much worse than knowing and waiting

I stopped advancing in campaign after realising that the game is still buggy. Currently I am waiting for next patch as I'm hoping to get the best experience out of the game. I love it too much. Meanwhile, I've been busy with the multiplayer part but finding it being filled with more and more cheaters and hackers, even the multiplayer part can't keep me interested forever.

I do love the Mass Effect universe and have no regrets for paying the Andromeda and the trilogy before that. And I do understand, new engine and new team to make the game can cause difficulties ahead, but radio silence is something I don't like. And if things keep going this way, I might get the next Mass Effect game from sale instead.

I mean I do agree, I wish there would be A LOT more communication. But they did outline what's to come with some immediate plans.

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead

Which is better than nothing. This is definitely more said than certain other devs/publishers who remain completely silent on what they're doing for their respective games.

Message 51 of 64 (1,022 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone! 

Just a gentle reminder, to stay on topic of the discussion and to use appropriate language, since this is a general rule for Answers HQ.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 52 of 64 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

OK Archi....so now we have your attention when is the next damn patch coming along?...its incredibly rude and ignorant of EA/Bioware to keep the loyal fans in the dark about this game when its so badly *...

Message 53 of 64 (942 Views)

★★★ Guide

@NORFIE123456789 wrote:

OK Archi....so now we have your attention when is the next damn patch coming along?...its incredibly rude and ignorant of EA/Bioware to keep the loyal fans in the dark about this game when its so badly *...

Pretty damn funny that the only "official" response is admonishment instead of addressing the discussion. 

Message 54 of 64 (932 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Just a gentle reminder, to stay on topic of the discussion and to use appropriate language, since this is a general rule for Answers HQ.

Cheers,

Archi

I shouldn't have to do this, but I wish to remind you (or better said, EA & Bioware as a whole) that radio silence, especially persisted radio silence when it comes to errors, bugs and more, has had a history for Bioware which nearly wrecked the company TWICE. Cue: Mass Effect 3 - multiple critical bugs introduced by DLC before Christmas a few years back, not a word till (if I recall correctly) start of March that year after.

Cue: Dragon Age; Inquistion. A damned lot of gamebreaking and lorebreaking bugs, errors etc, and radio silence on it for nearly half a year till the last DLC got released. Worse yet, the last DLC of it introduced that many new bugs that BSN was in such an uproar that it forced EA&Bioware's hand and made Bioware release at least (from what I recall) 2 patches more then they planned.

Message 55 of 64 (913 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Cheers,

Archi

How about you go and bother someone else brother? If you can't contribute in a meaningful way, then don't pipe up. The only time someone here used inappropriate language was when I fought of a troll and since then everything has been civil and people have been nice to each other, which is why I used inappropriate language in the first place so nobody else had to and everyone gets to enjoy a civil discussion.

Secondly dude it's a forum and the thread has the topic of: When is the next patch coming? Of course it's gonna veer off topic because there is only so much you can speculate on in terms of the date. I started the thread and I don't see it as a problem. I welcome people who have something to contribute. I'm not writing the bible here and deciding later which gospel I should add.

Thirdly: Brother, you are a community manager. How about doing some community managing and communicating with us? How about telling us the ETA for the next patch, if there is even a patch planned at all, how about updating the known bugs list, how about responding to the bug threads with over 500xp? How 'bout dah? No offence mate but my feedback to you for you and your brotherhood is very bad at the moment since you don't seem to be doing anything really. Might not be your fault, might be your fault. Who knows? What's important is that most people in here have stated they would like much better communication from EA and Bioware and much mire frequent updates on the progress. Maybe take that to your superiors and then you guys can do something about it? Thanks brother.

@DarkLordDashie wrote:

@Neeki81 wrote:

I hope they would communicate way more and I don't mean ETA's or other promises. Just telling what they are doing and / or what they are planning. Waiting in dark is much worse than knowing and waiting

I stopped advancing in campaign after realising that the game is still buggy. Currently I am waiting for next patch as I'm hoping to get the best experience out of the game. I love it too much. Meanwhile, I've been busy with the multiplayer part but finding it being filled with more and more cheaters and hackers, even the multiplayer part can't keep me interested forever.

I do love the Mass Effect universe and have no regrets for paying the Andromeda and the trilogy before that. And I do understand, new engine and new team to make the game can cause difficulties ahead, but radio silence is something I don't like. And if things keep going this way, I might get the next Mass Effect game from sale instead.

I mean I do agree, I wish there would be A LOT more communication. But they did outline what's to come with some immediate plans.

Which is better than nothing. This is definitely more said than certain other devs/publishers who remain completely silent on what they're doing for their respective games.

Well brother that's all well and good but that's sort of like a baker saying: over the next two months there will be bread for sale numerous times. When though? Tomorrow? Next week?

Same goes for what he says they will fix. Half of that stuff is utterly unimportant until quest bugs are fixed and people can play New Game plus and all quests work as intended etc. That's not mentioned here though. There is also a mention of several patches. Now that could be 2, could be 10. However... if 3 weeks later there is still nothing, not even an update on the progress, no patch, I seriously doubt we are talking several.

Listen brother, I don't require them to give us a date... but how about something better than "over the next two months" and how about something better than "We will fix these 3 things, which nobody cares about that much because they are cosmetic, and improve stability". Is it that hard to put a progress bar somewhere in this forum and fill it up bit by bit (that's just an idea). Is it that hard to come on here and on twitter each week once and post a status update? Is it that hard for the community managers to actually properly maintain the bug forum, regulary update the known issues list and give feedback when they have reported those bugs? The game is 3 weeks old brother and it feels like it's done for already... not good.

Message 56 of 64 (879 Views)

★★ Pro

@hedop85 wrote:

@EA_Archi wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Cheers,

Archi

How about you go and bother someone else brother? If you can't contribute in a meaningful way, then don't pipe up. The only time someone here used inappropriate language was when I fought of a troll and since then everything has been civil and people have been nice to each other, which is why I used inappropriate language in the first place so nobody else had to and everyone gets to enjoy a civil discussion.

Secondly dude it's a forum and the thread has the topic of: When is the next patch coming? Of course it's gonna veer off topic because there is only so much you can speculate on in terms of the date. I started the thread and I don't see it as a problem. I welcome people who have something to contribute. I'm not writing the bible here and deciding later which gospel I should add.

Thirdly: Brother, you are a community manager. How about doing some community managing and communicating with us? How about telling us the ETA for the next patch, if there is even a patch planned at all, how about updating the known bugs list, how about responding to the bug threads with over 500xp? How 'bout dah? No offence mate but my feedback to you for you and your brotherhood is very bad at the moment since you don't seem to be doing anything really. Might not be your fault, might be your fault. Who knows? What's important is that most people in here have stated they would like much better communication from EA and Bioware and much mire frequent updates on the progress. Maybe take that to your superiors and then you guys can do something about it? Thanks brother.

@DarkLordDashie wrote:

@Neeki81 wrote:

Well brother that's all well and good but that's sort of like a baker saying: over the next two months there will be bread for sale numerous times. When though? Tomorrow? Next week?

Same goes for what he says they will fix. Half of that stuff is utterly unimportant until quest bugs are fixed and people can play New Game plus and all quests work as intended etc. That's not mentioned here though. There is also a mention of several patches. Now that could be 2, could be 10. However... if 3 weeks later there is still nothing, not even an update on the progress, no patch, I seriously doubt we are talking several.

Listen brother, I don't require them to give us a date... but how about something better than "over the next two months" and how about something better than "We will fix these 3 things, which nobody cares about that much because they are cosmetic, and improve stability". Is it that hard to put a progress bar somewhere in this forum and fill it up bit by bit (that's just an idea). Is it that hard to come on here and on twitter each week once and post a status update? Is it that hard for the community managers to actually properly maintain the bug forum, regulary update the known issues list and give feedback when they have reported those bugs? The game is 3 weeks old brother and it feels like it's done for already... not good.

Just because cosmetic doesn't bother you, doesn't mea  it doesn't bother others.
A quest bug - even one that requires me to go back five or ten mins to a previous save bothers me far less than my character spazzing everytime she tries to smile tbh.
How things LOOK to me, is a big part of feeling emersed in the game world I'm playing. Bad animations jar me right out of that immersion, constantly.  There are plenty of people bothered by aesthetics.
My order would be - actual game breaking bugs that stop players in their tracks and prevent them from continuing the story - First Priority.
Making things look better rather than jarring me out of immersion second priority.
Fixing bugged quests that you can't complete and at the same time fixing ordering of certain dialogue (so they don't mention people who have not yet appeared) - third priority.
Adding more to the characters that got shafted with story and romance - Fourth Priority.
Other random annoyances (like monster head smashes not bringing up death screen) a minor annoyance to be worked on and polished over time.
The first four items would go a lot futher in enhancing my enjoyment of the game than the last.
Now I would go as far as saying ignore pvp because the story is far more important in an ME game, but that'd just * people off and I know others enjoy pvp -
Which brings me to my point, everyone's priority on what should or shouldn't be fixed or added to is different so instead of trying to demand what you want done first to be done first, trust that the devs have an order based on what they receive the most complaints for. Also know there are different areas of game development. It may take an animator a week to fix an animation issue or two and add a few more things to the character creator while it takes a coder three weeks to sift through hundreds of lines of code to track down a single bug and fix it. Should they not push through what is done, as it is completed rather than waiting?
Message 57 of 64 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry but I simply disagree. Bugs that break whole quests are more important than animations. Sure I want the looks fixed eventually but how about having the actual game work properly first? Fix the bugged quests, fix the issue that people have (again connected to quests) that basically means they can not play New Game Plus. That is my order. Cosmetics after actual game mechanics.

I never said they should not release a patch when it's done. What I said was that several major bugs that affect several quests are not even mentioned on his next to fix list and neither are they acknowledged in the bug section of known issues even though all of these issues have several hundred xp on their threads and are and have been hot topics for 2 weeks now. I also think the Multiplayer should be fixed before cosmetics. Again that depends on one thing and that is: are those bugs adressed by one team or several? If it's one team yes I would prioritise:

1. Quest bugs.

2. New Game Plus bugs.

3. Multiplayer Bugs.

4. Cosmetics.

5. Everything else.

If we are talking several indepedant teams it doesn't matter since they will be done when the issue is done. However none of that has been communicated. Several bugs have not been acknowledged, there has been no communication on what is going to be prioritized and no update on when any of this is coming. That's my main problem and I have stated that numerous times. Again I didn't say nobody cares about the game looking crappy but tbh I think that if you would ask around here, 90% of the people would say: I prefer playing a game that is mechanically sound with quests that work as intended and a multiplayer that works if the choice was: get the game looking good or get the quests unbugged. That's my opinion though so you have every right to disagree with me on it.

Message 58 of 64 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@hedop85 wrote:

Sorry but I simply disagree. Bugs that break whole quests are more important than animations. Sure I want the looks fixed eventually but how about having the actual game work properly first? Fix the bugged quests, fix the issue that people have (again connected to quests) that basically means they can not play New Game Plus. That is my order. Cosmetics after actual game mechanics.

I never said they should not release a patch when it's done. What I said was that several major bugs that affect several quests are not even mentioned on his next to fix list and neither are they acknowledged in the bug section of known issues even though all of these issues have several hundred xp on their threads and are and have been hot topics for 2 weeks now. I also think the Multiplayer should be fixed before cosmetics. Again that depends on one thing and that is: are those bugs adressed by one team or several? If it's one team yes I would prioritise:

1. Quest bugs.

2. New Game Plus bugs.

3. Multiplayer Bugs.

4. Cosmetics.

5. Everything else.

If we are talking several indepedant teams it doesn't matter since they will be done when the issue is done. However none of that has been communicated. Several bugs have not been acknowledged, there has been no communication on what is going to be prioritized and no update on when any of this is coming. That's my main problem and I have stated that numerous times. Again I didn't say nobody cares about the game looking crappy but tbh I think that if you would ask around here, 90% of the people would say: I prefer playing a game that is mechanically sound with quests that work as intended and a multiplayer that works if the choice was: get the game looking good or get the quests unbugged. That's my opinion though so you have every right to disagree with me on it.

Animation and artwork is and always has been worked on by different people than those who make the game code work. Their jobs are linked - in places. They are probably part of the same 'team' but what they work on within that team is different. My partner is a coder, he doesn't touch the artwork of a game but he does write the line of code that makes a gun shoot when you push the button to fire it (after the artist had drawn said gun) and a menu item clickable (after an artist has drawn the button that will be clickable) etc. 

P.S, but then he may also be the coder working on menu mechanics while another works on combat mechanics - thats how game dev works. In sections and segments each with their own tasks.

Message 59 of 64 (844 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Nykara360 wrote:

@hedop85 wrote:

1. Quest bugs.

2. New Game Plus bugs.

3. Multiplayer Bugs.

4. Cosmetics.

5. Everything else.

Animation and artwork is and always has been worked on by different people than those who make the game code work. Their jobs are linked - in places. They are probably part of the same 'team' but what they work on within that team is different. My partner is a coder, he doesn't touch the artwork of a game but he does write the line of code that makes a gun shoot when you push the button to fire it (after the artist had drawn said gun) and a menu item clickable (after an artist has drawn the button that will be clickable) etc. 

P.S, but then he may also be the coder working on menu mechanics while another works on combat mechanics - thats how game dev works. In sections and segments each with their own tasks.

I know. Doesn't change what I was saying though. If there is one big team and the idea for them is to work on one specific issue at the time then mechanics like quests need to be a top priority. If they are split into smaller teams of coders, animator etc. it doesn't matter as you can release the first thing that is done. That was my whole point.

Personally I don't see the coders needing animators to fix the quests. It's not like it's an animation issue. It's programming. It's quest items carrying over to new game plus and therefore breaking quests there, it's quests not successfully resolving which is usually something along the lines of an action not activating a certain flag or a certain flag being activated before another flag is acitvated and so forth. So again we are back at the priorities point.

Either way... the problem we both have is that there is no communication.

Message 60 of 64 (823 Views)