When gifting a game on origin, can you buy it now and send it later?

by brendonpeter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When gifting a game on origin, can you buy it now and send it later?

★★ Newbie

I was looking to buy a game on Origin as a Black Friday deal and send it as a gift to a friend for Christmas. Can I do that so that he receives it on Christmas instead of after it has processed?

Message 1 of 2 (361 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: When gifting a game on origin, can you buy it now and send it later?

Community Manager

Hey @brendonpeter, if you are purchasing a game as a gift in the Black Friday sale through Origin then you would not be able to have it delivered at Christmas. What you could do is see if there is a psychical version of the game on sale in a store and purchase it there. That way you can give the game to them when you choose and they can redeem the code to their Origin account.

As for the idea of buying a game and gifting it later, it's something that I would love to see also so will forward it on to the team to look into.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)

All Replies

Re: When gifting a game on origin, can you buy it now and send it later?

Community Manager

Hey @brendonpeter, if you are purchasing a game as a gift in the Black Friday sale through Origin then you would not be able to have it delivered at Christmas. What you could do is see if there is a psychical version of the game on sale in a store and purchase it there. That way you can give the game to them when you choose and they can redeem the code to their Origin account.

As for the idea of buying a game and gifting it later, it's something that I would love to see also so will forward it on to the team to look into.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (336 Views)