Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When are the new acts being released do we have exact dates or just time frame?

by brianewman82

Original Post

When are the new acts being released do we have exact dates or just time frame?

★★★★★ Newbie

Do we know exact dates on new maps/ missions will happen?

Message 1 of 10 (352 Views)

Re: When are the new acts being released do we have exact dates or just time fra

★★ Pro

soon? dunno lol

Message 2 of 10 (347 Views)

Re: When are the new acts being released do we have exact dates or just time fra

★★ Guide
Message 3 of 10 (343 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

He asked for dates, there are no dates listed on that page.

Message 4 of 10 (330 Views)

★★★ Guide

Fixing the bugs that the bug fixes spawn causes delay to planned acts. No dates yet available.

Message 5 of 10 (320 Views)

★★ Guide

@PapaSohan wrote:

He asked for dates, there are no dates listed on that page.

oh?...specific dates? i think there are none. would make a mess anyways so its fine imo. better finish it than having stuff on a deadline

Message 6 of 10 (303 Views)

★ Apprentice
I really feel like the could have done way more to let us know that _something_ was actually happening. Maybe just have one of the NPCs call out "Hey, we have a ton more Outlaws in this sector, go clear them out!" For the life of me, I have yet to be able to tell if I'm actually doing one of the "special" act events or not. It all just looks like "free play" to me.
Message 7 of 10 (222 Views)

★ Guide

So this is just a general observation of mine but I do not believe there will be specific dates for most the stuff. If you noticed over March, each portion of the roadmap was added in. When the update came out yesterday, it added in the final portion of the roadmap. I believe going forward, this will be the same approach. Have some of the "content" (events) released for the weekend and then the big new stuff will come at the end of the month. 

It would be nice to have some confirmation or schedule to know what to look out for but I do not think that will be provided  

Message 8 of 10 (214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It would be nice to have some actual dates.  However, I've always assumed the acts would follow on each other's tails.  Each segment of Act 1 appears to have a one month period before the next starts rolling out.  Cataclysm starts in May, the last part of Act 1, and so my assumption is that Act 2 will begin sometime in June.  Depending on how much Cataclysm consists of, possibly we won't see Act 2 until July (i.e. if there is a lot to do with Cataclysm, perhaps it'll be live for two months before Act 2 hits).

EDIT: Also, the "Acts" page of Anthem website calls it a "Year 01" roadmap, and indicates there will be three acts.  Assuming the "year" started on official release date at end of February, both acts 2 and 3 should be released before the end of February 2020.  Additionally, it indicates the life cycle of an act is about 4 months (12 months / 3 acts = 4 months/act)-- this signals Act 2 may hit end of June or early July.  

Message 9 of 10 (183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The Free Play events have been very non eventful, unless your hooked to Twitter there’s not a lot telling u something special is happening. Alternatively you can dig around in that mess of a journal we have to find 3 clicks in near the bottom of the page under Combat something’s goin on lmfao. As for the “events” themselves is this game for 10yr olds, Is that the target audience? What adult is truly intrigued by these? We watch Game of Thrones , raise the bar BW raise the bar lol!!! I hope they pull this plane up before we hit the sweet embrace of Mother Earth.

Message 10 of 10 (151 Views)
Twitter Stream