When are the legend buffs coming?

by ShadoWawker

Original Post

When are the legend buffs coming?

★★ Guide

Mirage and caustic needed buffs from day 1 when the game launched

So when is it going to happen? They are clearly underpowered and need to be addressed

Mirage passive 100% useless complete garbage worst passive in the game by far, doesnt kick in til after you're downed and even then does nothing to help and fools nobody

Ult is 80% useless very situational might help you escape if you're lucky. Decoy is good and the only ability that doesnt need a buff but could still use some help

Caustic is often more of a hindrance than help because his gas slows and blurs vision of teammates which makes no sense 

These two need improvements asap

Message 1 of 17 (513 Views)

Re: When are the legend buffs coming?

★ Pro

mirage and wraith  abilities can be seen you can still see a trail on both of them   with 5 mirage you see a trail of him running away where ever hes headed right along with wraith... Yeh I play only mirage and I hardly ever use that ability because it blows.

Message 2 of 17 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

Mirage?? no its not. its still ballance
and caustic is pretty annoying when it comes to pro player who def the building in the last circle..
the things is they need to fix the oversize giblartar and pathfinder.
and pathfinder body is ridiculous BIG. they need to re-scale him

im pathfinder user. honestly im shock when i was the first time using wraith that have tiny hitbox and win the fight easily :') OMG i hope pathfinder have same hitbox as her

Message 3 of 17 (495 Views)

★★ Guide

@AlanzPrawira wrote:

Mirage?? no its not. its still ballance
and caustic is pretty annoying when it comes to pro player who def the building in the last circle..
the things is they need to fix the oversize giblartar and pathfinder.
and pathfinder body is ridiculous BIG. they need to re-scale him

im pathfinder user. honestly im shock when i was the first time using wraith that have tiny hitbox and win the fight easily :') OMG i hope pathfinder have same hitbox as her

If you think mirage is well balanced and that caustic can be defended as a good legend then you dont really understand strengths and weaknesses

notice how you said "pro player defending building in the last circle". Those are some pretty big caveats for a caustic to be useful and good

They already addressed pathfinder 

Message 4 of 17 (455 Views)

★★ Guide

@Huntinwabits wrote:

mirage and wraith  abilities can be seen you can still see a trail on both of them   with 5 mirage you see a trail of him running away where ever hes headed right along with wraith... Yeh I play only mirage and I hardly ever use that ability because it blows.

Mirage ult is definitely trash im not sure why you brought up wraith her ability is an actual trail but mirage you can staight up see him and follow him cuz his cloak does basically nothing and his visibility is still essentially 90-95% when he ults

Message 5 of 17 (451 Views)

★ Guide

I believe Caustic and Gibraltar should have their 3D model made a lot thinner. This is a FPS game, I just don't understand the game designer's decision of allowing such differences in the hitboxes sizes. 

Message 6 of 17 (449 Views)

★★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

I believe Caustic and Gibraltar should have their 3D model made a lot thinner. This is a FPS game, I just don't understand the game designer's decision of allowing such differences in the hitboxes sizes. 

Yea they are at a big disadvantage because of this maybe they should have slightly more health but that could cause problems as well

But they certainly are bottom tier legends so something needs to be done to make them better options

Message 7 of 17 (429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@OPL3XITY wrote:

THIS. Different HITBOX size don't work in a shooter game.The design concept is wrong from its core.

They tried to copy the concept of Overwatch but it failed miserably because:

-  Overwatch is not a shooter game, it's a MOBA shooter game where players rely on factors like combo between heroes,good timing, momentum, counterpick to win the game.

- Even though legends in Apex also have skills,but we mainly rely on shooting skills to win  the combat, legend kills r more like a surprised factor,but not a deciding factor.

- A tank in Overwatch is REALLY tanky, and are well protected/buffed by healer/support. He doesn't have to dodge bullets.

- All legends in Apex work like individual soldier. Lifeline ( supposed to be a medic) doesn't have to follow Gib ( supposed to be a tank? ) to heal him.

That's why role concept don't work, and different hitbox size is a terrible idea.

Message 8 of 17 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have over 2000 games on caustic and I'm ranked around ~34 on PC for the character. And without a doubt I can say that as the game is now there is no point in even playing the character.

Gibby has a big hit box, but his skills are some of the best in the game concept wise, he probably has the strongest ultimate there is. However, almost every other character in this game's abilities and/or passives counter my existence.

Like why did Octane explicitly need to have a reduce effect of slows on his Q when my character is the ONLY one who slows? Wraith has voices that tell her traps are there and can even just void jump past my ultimate making it useless if it wasn't already.

I get shot by people who walk through the gas traps like they basically don't even exist, if they don't just shoot the obvious looking, fat, * models of the traps themselves before walking in anyway.

After exploring everything the character can't even be defended, yes he received buffs in the last update but they all barely made him even playable? It sounds like rage but whats the point of having a roster of 9 Legends when you're basically stupid for having a team that doesn't consist of at least wraith and lifeline?

Message 9 of 17 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Another reason is: the current meta does not favor him. He prefers a slower, more defensive playstyle. It's best to drag the combat a little longer so Caustic has little extra minute to setup the traps.

But in the current meta, mostlikely ur squad will pick Pathfinder/Octane/Wraith. These legends favor a speedy attack in open area, they will leave you behind in most cases.
Party with legends like Lifeline,Gib, Mirage, Blood for a slower and steadily playstyle is a much better choice.

Against him, most popular legends have 1 way or another to counter him:

Wraith ( passive, tactical)

Blood ( tactical, ulti)

Path ( tactical)

Octane ( tactical)

I really dunno how they gonna buff Caustic. Probably the only way is make his trap throwable.

Message 10 of 17 (376 Views)