Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When Anthem goes live what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

by Mamascrack

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: When Anthem goes lives what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

★ Apprentice

pffft... being a dad and working i hope i will be able to get an hour or two in this weekend and about the same during the first week of release, not even going to bother on release day.

Message 11 of 78 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Re: When Anthem goes lives what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

★★★★ Guide

@DaboTheDuck wrote:
@DolnorNumbwit
Semantics I know but you couldn't have played the alpha 19 hours straight. There were 4 sessions that were 3 hours a piece (12 hours total) and the first session got shutdown (only 9 hours could actually be played). Plus, as stated, they were broken up with breaks in between so things could be fixed

I agree...Semantics.

Here is how it worked:  I played on a server.  When the announcement of the server shutting down got to 50 minutes, I would get out of the game.  I would immediately start the game again via Origin portal (PC).  When I got into the game, I would continue until the next "server shutdown" message go to 50 minutes.  Rinse and repeat.

So yeah, I wan't in the game for 8-9 minuts as I switched servers.  Plus I wasn't at my computer the entire time playing the game...I did have to go to the bathroom, get some food, answer the phone...but I was still in the game for 18.9(!) hours.

TQQdles™

Message 12 of 78 (266 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DolnorNumbwit 

I still have a look of doubt and disbelief on my face, but it doesn't really matter. As long as people enjoy the game and I don't have the same issues I had last weekend i will be happy.

Message 13 of 78 (256 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
Anthem goes live 12am my time. RIP in peace my sleep schedule.
Message 14 of 78 (251 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@IFoxxian wrote:

I have days off every day... so I am just going to play until I pass out.  lol

^^^Me.

Message 15 of 78 (238 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

It goes live at 11pm for me, so I'll be asleep - because I am old and that's how I roll.

Message 16 of 78 (233 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

A co-worker/friend and I are both taking off work that Friday,after hopefully getting some time in that Thur night (releases 11pm my time),  getting up like a normal work day Friday to get an early jump in.  Planning to have a great time.  Hope all goes as planned and they are well prepared for the load.

Message 17 of 78 (231 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m taking a day off.  Might get some Red Bull and some air head rainbow strips (sugar rush!).  Hey it’s launch day so it might not go right but I’m confident it will.  

Message 18 of 78 (230 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Sugar, Caffeine are my best friends.

I'm shooting for 24 hours of game play.

I usually only last 20 hours... this time I'm going to make those 4 hours work for me! 

Message 19 of 78 (219 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I never took a day or couple of days off for a game.  I will not do this with this game either. Just play in evening and weekend. 

Message 20 of 78 (218 Views)
Twitter Stream