Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

When Anthem goes live what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

by Mamascrack

Original Post

Highlighted

When Anthem goes live what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is one of the first game releases in a long time I am excited for. 

Gonna keep my calendar for about a week after release.

Message 1 of 78 (886 Views)
Highlighted

Re: When Anthem goes lives what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

★★ Apprentice
Never ever take vacation on launch day buddy, always ends up biting you. Servers end up going fully live later in the evening or something. haha. I'm looking forward to the game though.
Message 2 of 78 (877 Views)
Highlighted

Re: When Anthem goes lives what are your plans? Vacation? Coffee? Energy Drinks?

★★★★★ Apprentice

@doogie06 wrote:
Never ever take vacation on launch day buddy, always ends up biting you. Servers end up going fully live later in the evening or something. haha. I'm looking forward to the game though.

I learned this very painfully when I took a sick day on the Friday of the VIP demo.

Message 3 of 78 (874 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

There's 5 of us in my real-world group - We'll jump on ASAP and burn a few hours, be 'done for a while' and then sneak back on after an hour or so, catch each other online and start teaming again - Then Saturday we'll probably do breakfast first, maybe shoot some pool and talk Anthem, then split up physically and rejoin online again. Off & on thru the weekend. 

It will be fun, there will be pizza.

Message 4 of 78 (862 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

It will be a Saturday here given timezones, so I guess I will get up at 5am, get ready and leave the house as I do every Saturday and head to the lake. There I'll meet up with my team and go out on the water for a few hours until 9am where we will go grab coffee. After that I will head home and do some chores. At around 2pm my internet friends will log on, we get together and will maybe spend a couple hours playing Anthem before one goes to walk his dog, and I head to the gym. We meet back up at 7pm and play until around 10 before calling it a night and repeating the exact same thing on Sunday. 

Message 5 of 78 (851 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

If you have had any experience with recent games releases, I would recommend not planning anything out of the ordinary on launch day. There's always server load, connection, or patching issue, always.

Message 6 of 78 (843 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

In the Server Stress Alpha, I played for 19 hours straight.  The VIP Demo was about 10 and not straight due to the loading issue.

This time I have my sights at 28 hours straight...I've stayed up 38 hours straight as a test when I was younger.  I'm older now (read: OLD) so if I don't have a stroke or something, I think I'll do fine.

I'll be in "full tester mode", since that is what I do for a hobby...I'll be staying busy during all that time! -)

TQQdles™

Message 7 of 78 (809 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I have days off every day... so I am just going to play until I pass out.  lol

Message 8 of 78 (806 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Punta Cana. I'll be playing early access though 😁

Message 9 of 78 (793 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@DolnorNumbwit
Semantics I know but you couldn't have played the alpha 19 hours straight. There were 4 sessions that were 3 hours a piece (12 hours total) and the first session got shutdown (only 9 hours could actually be played). Plus, as stated, they were broken up with breaks in between so things could be fixed
Message 10 of 78 (785 Views)
Twitter Stream