Re: Whats Going On? Next Gen Consoles, Next Gen Games, Same old issues

by FreMo1974

Original Post

Whats Going On? Next Gen Consoles, Next Gen Games, Same old issues

★★★ Novice

What is happening with Tides of War and assignments not unlocking. This is a little disappointing. A minor detail but I couldnt build a snowman for 2-3 days and now I cant get the "look up" assignment to pop. Im not sure whats happening but when I want to check the assignments in game or in the pre game lobby, its still showing the 1st assignment, like the tracking isnt working. Dont get me wrong I like the game, but its not exactly the standard I would expect from the battlefield series, so let me start my rant;

I came across this quote from a few year ago;

Dice General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson said

“Our competitors are getting lazy…They’re using the same engine, the same recipe for building a game. At some point you need to take that leap. I haven’t seen them take that leap since a long time ago. We are doing that now. They had better watch out. We are coming for them.

“Our competitors keep building very, very high tempo games. We want to tell a story with more drama curves. It’s not about pumping round after round for six hours”

Single player on the both BF1 and BFV have been significantly underwhelming. Which immediately undermines this statement, I also remember a statement (around the BF4 pre launch) about EA/DICE not churning out games year in year out, as they believed in quality not quantity. With that in mind, although the battlefield games are not annual or bi-annual release they certainly arent the best when they do finally launch, BFV for example with its bugs and glitches is highly disappointing and frustrating, not just my opinion, there are BF Vets that play alot more than me, that also share this opinion according to the battlefield forums.

Im sure I speak on behalf of the majority of battlefield fans when I say, "we just want a game that works, we stick with battlefield because we love the games, the mechanics, the graphics, the playability, but we just want it to work"

We want to pay the money you ask for and get a product that betters its predecessors, if originality is of importance at the minute, fine!! But make it work.

I look forward to your reply, but please, dont disregard me (or the community) with a textbook answer, speak to your fan base, your audience and let us know what is going on, be it bad or good, I'm pretty sure we would all simply appreciate some communication instead of getting nothing at all.

Message 1 of 2 (296 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Whats Going On? Next Gen Consoles, Next Gen Games, Same old issues

★★ Guide
I have the same issue with assignment progression not working. I hope Dice will introduce In Case You Miss It sessions because I couldn’t unlock the helmet.
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)