Re: Whatever you do to the matchmaking, please stop this

by TheIceDragon96

Original Post

Whatever you do to the matchmaking, please stop this

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not "naming and shaming" anybody. There's nothing wrong with being new, and the only name in this screenshot is my own. I love that more people are picking up apex and anybody who jumps into this game deserves a basic level of respect.

But, since matchmaking is getting fixed, i just want to use this image as an example of how bad this "big brother" matchmaking gets if you solo q.

It's not reasonable to throw these new players into lobbies with people like me. You're feeding them to the wolves. It's also not reasonable to expect me to "big brother" them to a win against three stack pred teams.

Whatever you do with the matchmaking, please, give some consideration to people like me who solo q, and to new players. None of us can improve with this system.

Again, I'm not shaming anyone for being new, nor am i encouraging any harassment, I'm just using this image as an example of the state of the current matchmaking system and the only name shown is my own.

Message 1 of 7 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@TheIceDragon96Dang, they really want you to put in that work. That's pretty much what I'm use to seeing with the exception of last night.

Message 2 of 7 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheIceDragon96 Not long ago, I was in a match like that, I was in BR with two low level player,s and I assumed I would need to assist them greatly. However they ended up carrying me to championship. I don't know if they were cheating by any means, but for new players they sure played the game well.

Normally I don't expect much from the SBMM, but all one needs to do to avoid this, join a club and hook up with friends you know.
Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TheIceDragon96

You did correctly to remove the team mates names, thanks! Did they perform as you would expect for such levels? I'm asking because they just this last week mentioned experimenting with a system to detect smurf accounts more quickly and shove them up the MM ladder where they belong.

@Xubunnytwo 's post suggests it may be working.

Message 4 of 7 (359 Views)

★ Guide
@pandareno1999 they didn't seem like smurfs. They moved very slowly, didn't communicate with pings, tended to ingore pretty high quality loot.

One even shot at me when i came out a door probably thinking i was an enemy. The game ended with me having 7 kills, and the others had like 1 each with less than 500 damage.
Message 5 of 7 (313 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@TheIceDragon96 This is why I stopped playing this game on december and gave it a rest for a month until I picked it up again just see nothing has changed.

This is something that happens for 4 months now and they now published that ridiculous MM blog post.

Maybe give the game some time, and then when you come back at least you wont be worn out by it. It kinda worked for me
Message 6 of 7 (259 Views)

★ Guide
@R0yMust4ng Yeah, that might be a good idea. Cuz honestly even though I've had some great matches this season, im kinda getting tired of being low-key punished for performing well.
Message 7 of 7 (205 Views)