Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

by Abyssalwyrm

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

★ Apprentice

I didn't play the Interceptor, because quite frankly it doesn't appeal to me.  I'll probably try it eventually in the final game, but didn't care to try now.

1) Storm

2) Colossus

3) Ranger

Colossus was squishy at first, but really I think a lot of people gave up on it and didn't learn how to actually play it.  The javelin health augment is essential I think, it gave me a lot more health.  I ran around/flew around with my shield out a lot and it works great.  You basically have 2 melee skills because if you hit melee with the shield out, you swing your shield at them.  Put the shield away and hulk smash.  People just haven't figured out how to use the shield properly.  I love the physical shield aspect.  Just wish you could use a pistol or something at the same time.  The only thing I could use with the shield out was the Lightning coil.  It felt powerful and was more fun than the Ranger I thought.  I love the big explosions.

Then I was able to unlock the Storm, so I did, and I loved that.  I was debating between Colossus and Storm before I even started playing, but after about 5 minutes my mind was made up.  This time the armor/shield augment is necessary and gave my shield a serious buff.  Hovering around, mage nuking everything felt amazing.  Plus, I made him look like Magneto, which was awesome. 

Message 31 of 47 (154 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Pufferfish-zzz wrote:

Colossus was squishy at first, but really I think a lot of people gave up on it and didn't learn how to actually play it. 

I think that's a reasonable guess - I know in my case it's exactly what I did: I wasn't having fun getting smashed up while I tried to figure out the optimal way to play, so I moved on to other Javelins. I'll give it another go in the full game of course, but at least for the demo, time was too limited to not have fun with something.

Message 32 of 47 (147 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
I don't understand the massive hate on Colossus. (Looking at all these thief/assassin mains here). Not blowing my own horn here, but you have to be a tank class main to fully appreciate Colossus. People think a tank class is a pick up and go damage sponge. No, tank mains know it takes time to spec into that role.
Once I got Colossus unlock, I. Never. Died. Not once. Slap on two rare armor mods, and away you go. And let's not even get started on the glorious use of the shield.
For damage, it was said that the Ult damage was much less in the demo than it will be in the full game, just an fyi.

1. Colossus, by a mile.
2/3. Storm/Ranger. Honestly I prefer a battlemage style, not so much a glass cannon. I can see the good, but getting shot by 3 things and instantly dying is stupid. Nerf for sure incoming, so keeping that one open. Ranger was good all around too, very tactical. Can't place either in which slot.
-99. Interceptor. God I hated playing this. Squishy, speedy hit and run. As stated above, I am the literal opposite to this role. Feels more like this one is the typical PvP meta class in MMOs. Medium or less big boss and PvE use, more single small target DPS.
Message 33 of 47 (144 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
1-Colossus
2-Storm
3-Ranger
4-Interceptor
Message 34 of 47 (121 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@zdragonlord wrote:
I don't understand the massive hate on Colossus. (Looking at all these thief/assassin mains here).

No one hates it. Its just doesn't feel like a tank at all. To the point where you feel much more tanky in the class which is meant to be completely opposite from it - interceptor.

Message 35 of 47 (115 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Man you people and your negative reviews are making me sick. Maybe if you built your colossus the right way you'd be fine, I had no problems being top damage dealer with 3-4 rows of gold at the end. I always out survived all my teammates. As far as the ultimate is concerned had no problem using it and destroying everything with it, was doing anywhere from 5-8k hits with it not to mention more if I had a interceptor with our group giving the 33% increased damage. The reloading on the ULT is based on how many combos and damage you do to recharge plus many abilities that give %to recharge. I was using the lightening coil plus flame thrower and almost always had my ult up every 30 secs if there were enough enemies to kill. You use your shield to soak up damage while moving to your next targets plus it recharges very fast after it's down. Again this all come down on how you built your colossus, components, guns, your ordnance launcher all give secondary stats on them that help you out. There was a component that gave over 1k health and about 8-900 shield and you could stack them. With doing so I was able to get about 17 bars of health and like 10 for shield. Also I was able to get an additional 30% drop chance on health globs which was a big helper too. So all in all it's how you build your javelin and how smart you play it, also it's still the demo and we were only lvl 15 the full game will be great.

Message 36 of 47 (106 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TheRealJazzman 

Well, that's the thing about it. Flamethrower+lightning coil is an absolute meta for the colossus. You try ANYTHING else - you just suck with it.

Where with other javelins you really can go and experiment with other pieces of equipment, and doing pretty well regardless.

Message 37 of 47 (95 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I mean it's meta for this level, who knows what it's going to be like at lvl 30 in the full game with legendary armor/guns

Message 38 of 47 (90 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Well, this post is about the VIP demo in particular.

So no wonder so many ppl enjoyed colossus least of all javelins.

Message 39 of 47 (83 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Storm, ranger, interceptor, colossus - which is amusing considering that i want to play a colossus the most and storm the least. * my life.
Storm was op hovering forever, ccing everything, decently survivable by avoiding things and doing massive damage all around.
Ranger was versatile with ok survivability through movement, decent/high damage, and relatlively safe to play.
Interceptor felt a bit one tricky with its melee playstyle, good dmg but risky to play.
Colossus was underwhelming af. The shield should be some extra on top of having a normal overshield like everyone else, and the miniguns should either do a lot more dmg have more ammo, or not slow you down while firing if they're just gonna be glorified rifles, besides, the jav is slower etc already, the penalty while firing is overkill and using any other weapon proved to be better, abilities were entertaining, the damage was good for big hits but a bit * for sustained dps, tanking was non existant, need to play really carefully one screw up and you could be * if there's no health pickup in reach. Ps, don't come here writing me novels about how you destroy all trash mobs and crappy elites on easy with the coil and flamer build or how you run over mines / trample trash mobs with the shield out cause that's not impressive.

Message 40 of 47 (76 Views)
Twitter Stream