Please don’t nerf the Storm. If anything, it needs a method of healing since it’s glass cannon.
I think storm more meant to be shield tanker. and i believe in one of dev streams they shown epic weapon(ability?) that helps replenish the shield with each kill.
January 2019 - last edited January 2019
Its not in the game i have no clue why but i want a medic jav. thats pure support/healing kinda mad there isn't one at lanuch i know they said there working on new ones i hope its the 5th jav. they release.
Classic healing would really mess up with shooter-gameplay. Especially highly mobile gameplay as Anthem intended to be. At first i was also confused why there haven't bring healing class(subclass), but now i see why. With healer ppl would just hunker down at one place and will make all shooter gameplay quite trivial.
all say the colossus is not tanky... i don't know why.
I played the colossus over and over, whit the tactic electric coil/melee/combo chain i kill everything take heal triangle and repeat, i've never died once.
Whit the aggro support ability or the reinfoce ability save all comrade is a piece of cake.
The only things is that using a colossus is a brain matter not a smashing button ones.
1) Colossus 2)Ranger 3) Storm 4) Interceptor
1. Ranger - very unexpected fun playing it. All-rounder that can hold its own in most fights if well equiped.
2. Storm - just wish I had chosen this as my 2nd Javelin - spent a quick 30mins once they opened up all 4 Javelins and loved what I had in basic trim
3. Colossus - slightly let down as was expecting it to be more tougher in the early gameplay. Think I would need to get way way better gear to have more fun
4. Interceptor - Same as no.2 if honest.
What will I play on launch as first Javelin - choice between the better Ranger or having to try out and improve the Storm.
I'll use this comings free demo weekend to enjoy the Storm more and then decide
Storm : Being squishy is irrelevant, a dead enemy does no damage and this javelin does that job really good
Colossus : Not sure why this guy is getting a lot of hate,you have to use the right gear specific to the colossus that gives lots of armor and health than the universal one. This javelin is the only one to have a taunt and an actual shield with which it can rush enemies in melee.
Ranger and interceptor : One being hybrid or evenly balanced means you are good at nothing , the other being squishy storm in melee . The interceptor would require a lot of skill to make it work and players tend to choose the path of least resistance to the get the job done.....so yeah die-hards fan would play it but you will always have others second guessing you and say "Play storm instead"
January 2019 - last edited January 2019
While I placed Colossus at number 83 on my list, the biggest problem with it in the demo were twofold (I tried all four, with Storm being the last - and holy crap, it's the press-anything-to-win javelin):
1. Those great colossus components aren't there from the start. So you get spanked by the enemy, you put the colossus away and use Storm (or literally anything else). First impressions matter, and when that impression is "I can't do my job," then - at least for me - I'm going to move on.
2. Its name, description, look and pretty much everything about it say "face tank the world" but it's playstyle is apparently way, way more subtle and non-obvious. Ranger, Storm, and Interceptor are obvious by the time you've shot your first enemy, pretty much. Colossus is much more opaque.
In my experience, for example: my health was chewed away like it was nothing within moments of engaging the enemy. The Shield, remarkably, was stronger than posts here let on, but I was getting brutalized from every direction. My heavy weapons felt like they hit for plink damage - the autocannon in particular being completely disappointing. I couldn't combo, I needed to spend my time hiding behind the shield or (preferably) a giant rock. It's clear that I wasn't playing the javelin right, but without the great components that would be available later, I couldn't find the groove where it was effective - I couldn't figure it out. I wasn't fast, I wasn't nimble, I didn't hit that hard, and I wasn't that tough. So I said "Ugh. Let's try something else."
If they take anything from this thread and the other comments on the Colossus, it's that it's cool to have a "smart tank" but they ought to consider changes that let the javelin lead you to the correct playstyle (or at least, a basically successful style) from the moment you hit the ground outside the walls. This would avoid the frustration and misunderstandings.
1. Storm - most OP for me. Raining down fire from 100' up made me smile
2. Interceptor - Speed kills. Great movement.
3. Ranger - Hardly 3rd - more tied for 2nd - very balanced and fun. (yay iron man!)
4. Colossus - A little slow for me, but i get the "big boom" factor
The great thing I'm seeing from all the responses are the various responses. Sounds like most #1's are different - which means a pretty good balance from the start.
Had a blast w/ the demo - just needs stability which will come.