What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

by Abyssalwyrm

Original Post

Highlighted

What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mine so far:

1)Interceptor. Its just damn too good. Very fast, very agile. Lack of armor greatly compensates with invulnerability mode of ultimate, plus staggering melee not only allows you easily CC enemies like Scar Hunter and Scar gatekeeper, but if you good enough, you can use their bodies to block incoming fire from everyone else.

2)Storm. Bit squishy (at least with current set of abilities), but can provide good AoE DPS, and overall good alternative to gunplay.

3)Ranger. Well, it is what it is - jack-of-all-trades. Good balance on everything. Easy to learn to play, and decent efficiency.

4)Colossus. For a 'tanky' javelin its really not that tanky at all. Slow, clumsy, most of heavy weapons are crap (especially flamethrower), so neither good survivability, nor decent DPS support.

Message 1 of 47 (785 Views)
Highlighted

Re: What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

★ Guide

1. Interceptor. 

2. Ranger. Solid, stolid soldier archetype. My kinda thing.

3. Storm. Fun for a bit, but was too “look I’m a wizard!” fir my tastes. Plus it had a ton of visual noise with its aura and shields and crap. Very unpleasant to look at.

57. Leather armor.

83. Colossus. No redeeming qualities were in evidence. 

Message 2 of 47 (767 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
Balance strength
1. Storm hands down. It’s op and how each of the classes should feel. It’s damage and cc
2. Ranger
3. Interceptor and collosus.( they are both great but have issues that need some ironing out.)

Favorites
1. Interceptor
2. Colossus
3. Storm
4. Ranger
Message 3 of 47 (725 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Storm, Ranger, Interceptor, Collossus.

Please don’t nerf the Storm.   If anything, it needs a method of healing since it’s glass cannon.

Message 4 of 47 (692 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

1. Storm

2. Ranger

3. Interceptor 

4. Colossus 

Message 5 of 47 (682 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

1: Medic 

Its not in the game i have no clue why but i want a medic jav. thats pure support/healing kinda mad there isn't one at lanuch i know they said there working on new ones i hope its the 5th jav. they release. 

2: Interceptor 

I love glass cannons that are close and personal melee characters, overall i found shoutguns a main use weapon and didn't fell any other weapon was really worth my time, i was hoping he would be a boss ender as will i only played him near the tail end so i didn't get much items for him but by FAR is going to be my main :D!

3: Storm

The storm is what you think DPS far range and will kill everything in his path. If you could get the Devastator sniper with explosive bullets the turrets are nothing but a joke 2-3 shots dead and made the stronghold 100% easier. He was also SUPER useful with clear mobs in the stronghold and will be MUST have when the game comes out on high tier game modes!

4: Ranger

Hes fun, simple and a overall good class close and far, that simply why i don't like him lol

5. colossus

Worthless, i never saw 1 good colossus the hole time i played i even tried, i don't know how hes a "tank" when he dies SO fast def. think he will be a char that needs a buff asap he is way to under powered IMO.

Message 6 of 47 (675 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Feels sad when some people think colossus is the worst but they don't know how to play it.

I would say the Demo is not doing a great job to pre-made a colossus on level10 and let it go into combat right away.

Try equip at least 1 colossus component before you judge it.

What's better than having 1 colossus component? that's right, 2 of them.

Have you ever been one-shot by the scorpion boss claw attack?

My colossus could take 2 before I run away, counting 4 if I keep holding my shield up. Not sure how many more if I only parry the attack (shield regenerate once you let it rest).

I also like how I fly right into a swarm of mobs with shield up, feels like a meteorite, shield bash some of them on the way, and land with an earth-quake strike from the air.

And trying to revive an ally in a swarm of mobs? No problem let me battle cry for you.

Not to mention Colossus could do crazy area of damage with explosive combo ONLY when you have the right weapons combo, they do little damage alone.

In my opinion other javelins could start good on their own and better with skills, but Colossus totally relies on equipment to be great.

Message 7 of 47 (629 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

First has to be the storm for me. Can either play full damage, or cc and set up combos for colossus if there is one in my team, love being above the fight.

Second would be colossus, even tho components often did not work in the beta and he kinda needs them to survive, a taunting tank rushing in enemy lines is often helpfull for squad members.

Third place goes ranger, no special reason

Fourth is interceptor, i'll never gear this one up, its a powerfull exo, but i've got no interest in it

Message 8 of 47 (595 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

1. Colossus. Flamethrower + Coil combo destroys most enemies. With structural reinforcements you won't instantly die under fire. Shield up and jump backwards saves you from most situations. Ult offers decent boss damage or wave clear. In my opinion Flamethrower has to be nerfed for release. If your firends die you can just go and revive them with your health.

2. Interceptor. Mobility with jumps feels absolutely amazing. You can easily ignore enemies since you can quickly reach objectives while enemies have trouble hitting you. Damage output is alright.

3. Storm. Hovering is nice especially against bugs but I had some trouble making efficient builds. Frost shards seem to be the best primer with low cooldown but you don't have great detonators for the other slot. I had difficulties especially with shielded enemies.

4. Ranger. The biggest problem with ranger is that it is uninteresting. You can certainly work when using your melee as combo primer and have both your skills detonators. It is just not as flashy as the other 3.

Message 9 of 47 (568 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm confused by all the 'Colossus is weak' talk.

I used the Colossus during missions and stronghold and died once maybe twice?

I used an Armour reinforcement and absolutely tanked enemies.

The Shield I found strange though, I could run over mines with my shield out and take barely any damage but if you equip your shield against gun fire then every other bullet goes through and drains your health 3x as fast as a land mine.

Other than that the weapons of the Colossus wrecked enemies, I didn't just run into the middle of them as you're asking for trouble.

It seems some people expect to just stand in between 20 Scars and barely get a scratch

Message 10 of 47 (553 Views)
Twitter Stream