Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: What your best-to-worst list of javelins, after first demo

by Abyssalwyrm

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I played the heck out of the Ranger because the game was buggy and took longer to give me my second Jav.  But then I got into a Storm and everything was just fine.  Standard smile

I didn't get a chance to play the other two, but so far it's Storm out front, Ranger 2nd.

Message 41 of 47 (97 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
  • Storm - Normally I don't go for any kind of ranged or caster type of class in games but I like the combination of elements and the shield management with flying.
  • Interceptor - I thought this was going to be the class for me, I'm normally always a type of melee class but I feel that the Interceptor is missing something for me.
  • Ranger - Overall he is an expected all around type, but I feel that there is something missing to make this Javelin interesting. The Ranger could potentially take 2nd place for me, but I need to play them more.
  • Colossus - I don't like tank types at all. It feels too slow and sluggish and the abilities are just not my cup of tea.
Message 42 of 47 (93 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

1. Storm. Thunder from Down Under
2. Colossus. Combat Wombat.
3. Ranger. Dave.
4. Interceptor. Killer Roo

@VectorSlinger (for the fantastic Aussie naming conventions)

Message 43 of 47 (88 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I don't really think of the four as best to worst, rather, what suits my playstyle most to least

1. Colossus

2. Storm

3. Ranger

4. Interceptor

Once I have all unlocked, I'll only rarely touch Ranger and especially Interceptor, just did not like the feel of it.

Message 44 of 47 (77 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

1.) Storm has nice looks, excellent hovering, and cool abilities.

2.) Colossus feels great and heavy. It's only weakness is that it can't take as much punishment as it feels like it should.

3.) Interceptor has some mobility but I don't give the sense of speed it seems like it should. I also tend to lose focus on targets I am using melee on.

4.) Ranger is just too basic and boring. It really needs to be more than just jack-of-all-trades.

Message 45 of 47 (73 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Storm has to be #1 for me, played it for most of the weekend. Frost Shards, Lightning Strike and marksman rifle was an awesome loadout. Good cc/damage and suited my medium to long range play style. Wind Wall is decent enough but placement was a bit wonky sometimes, hopefully there are some better support options when the game launches. #2 Colossus, a bit underwhelming at first but improved with some loadout tweaks. #3 Ranger #4 Interceptor

Screenshot 2019-01-27 21.18.00.jpg

Message 46 of 47 (62 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have to say i enjoyed the backstory about Storm. That its actually originally designed by Dominion. And overall, in game where main plot about that magical-god-like entity - Anthem, Storm is kinda most attuned to it.

Colossus is exact opposite. Pretty much all his abilities are pure tech stuff. Not that's its bad or anything...

Message 47 of 47 (41 Views)
Twitter Stream