What would happen if:

by Axs5626Sxa5001

Original Post

What would happen if:

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

What would happen if the Apex community MAGICALLY united and agreed to not spend a cent on the game for the months of October, November, and December?

While not spending money, the forum and YouTube channels are flooded with “I’m not spending money until the servers are upgraded and or the pattern of fumbled updates is resolved.”

What’s your prediction? Do you think such an occurrence would result in a better experience for us in 2022? Or do you truly think that EA and Respawn are doing EVERYTHING they can to give us the absolute best product (nothing more can be done than what’s being done right now)?

Part of me believes that EA would move mountains if it meant making money.  

Message 1 of 15 (525 Views)

Re: What would happen if:

★★★★ Pro

@Axs5626Sxa5001 

I’m not spending money until the servers are upgraded

Message 2 of 15 (511 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Popa2caps

Noted. Anyone else?
Message 3 of 15 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Axs5626Sxa5001 

Started a bit.ly link with this forum post here: https://bit.ly/3zkj40C
Posted to Twitter PlayApex and Respawn

Servers shouldn't be this bad while EA makes billions from the game.

iPiccy-img.jpg

Message 4 of 15 (465 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Popa2caps I hear you, and appreciate it.

I’m not even trying to specifically trying start any sort of “movement”. I’m just genuinely curious as to what people think would ACTUALLY happen if EA saw no profits for October, November, and December.

I’m not saying I don’t want this to happen— I am ABSOLUTELY ALL FOR anything that results in a better experience for all of us. But I’m a clinical psychotherapist— I know how difficult it can be for people to stick to a decision like “not buying skins.” I’m not saying such a thing is impossible— just unlikely.

That being said— I haven’t given EA money in over 6 months. It does feel good.
Message 5 of 15 (447 Views)

Champion
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Tbf the last few updates havent had major issues. But what you are doing as a hypothetical will never happen so I cant even speculate.
Message 6 of 15 (440 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@hayhor

I agree. It won’t ever happen.

But if you were to seriously (hypothetically) consider it— do you think that 3 months of no-profit would result in the changes so many people seek?
Message 7 of 15 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Axs5626Sxa5001 I’d say...

They’ll still do nothing, but make updates that they’re working on it...

or...

They’ll post an update saying “We’re shutting down the Apex servers in December. Thank you for your patronage.”, which’ll lead to ppl freaking out and buying all skins just to appease their EA overlords which’ll spark the following message from EA: “We’ve decided not to shut down the servers. Once again, thank you for your patronage.”

xD
Message 8 of 15 (403 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Koochi-Q LOL
Message 9 of 15 (395 Views)

Champion
@Axs5626Sxa5001 I agree with kooch. Probably more of a chance of shutting down to focus on other projects.
Message 10 of 15 (378 Views)