What will Mozambique’s hopup do?

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

What will Mozambique’s hopup do?

★★★★★ Expert

So in EA Play’s presentation they spoke about ‘a memeable gun withban african country’s name will be playable’ (or something like that). What do you think the hopup will do?

I think it’ll either be a hopup that lets it fire a single devastating shot or one which allows more ammo. 

Message 1 of 12 (744 Views)

Re: What will Mozambique’s hopup do?

★★★★ Guide
I believe it should be double mozambique.

Because if charge up -> peacekeeper
Shot 1 with more ammo: Havoc+ selective fire
Message 2 of 12 (730 Views)

★★ Expert

Lasers and mini heat seekers!  Or something that can detect Wattson's ultimate/ primary!

Heart

Message 3 of 12 (717 Views)

★★★★ Guide

are we talking about the Mozambique? They are going to add a purple mod to throw it at enemies and you gain a boost in speed...happy hunting!

Message 4 of 12 (712 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I hope both the beak and the p2020 can be wielded akimbo plus a cool hop up. And preferably one of each if you so choose. 

Message 5 of 12 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mikogibo wrote:

are we talking about the Mozambique? They are going to add a purple mod to throw it at enemies and you gain a boost in speed...happy hunting!

Lolz how will a hopup do that? XD. You can already throw the thing now. The hopup will make you faster, while the thing is already out of your hand? XD I really wanna know how this would work. 

@jumanjaydazed Lolz I like that idea, but that would just make it like that magic gun in TF1/2 which name I forgot xD

Message 6 of 12 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I don't know if the mozam hop-up is going to be one of the two new hop-ups or an existing one. I imagine it'd be a sort of hyper choke. Narrowing the spread permanantly rather than a charge up. If all three pellets of the mozam hit a target it does 45 damage which is on par with a wingman body shot so if the barrel is narrowed and all three fire in one rather than tripple spread you're looking at a weapon that can do 135 damage with all three mag shots hitting the target. With that it becomes a very usable  early game weapon.

BUT it's still going to be useless as it will rely heavily on a hop-up. Basically you have to get lucky to find a mozam with the hop up in close proximity early game for it to be worth anything. Most people will try it out, realise it's not worth the hassle and then skip over it again just like we always do anyway.

If they want the mozam to be useable then narrow the spread by about 50% as standard and then allowq you to use the choke hop up on it. That way it's not heavily reliant on the hop-up but the hop-up still helps.

Message 7 of 12 (649 Views)

Champion

@Neminati suggested ages ago that the Mozambique should have an incendiary round hop up, which would essentially be like running through thermite when you hit someone with it.

I wonder if this might be what the devs have for us?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 8 of 12 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ThatFawkzi, it’s gonna be useless unless in the right hands. I sometimes still run with the mozambique in midgame killing ppl who have shields on. I state it like this. The mozambique without bolt is useless (at least for me) when facing an enemy with an automatic weapon. Unless you have some cover that is. With a lvl 3 bolt it’s actually quite efficient IF and this is a big if, you’re standing at a maximum of 5m or 15 feet away from your target and he’s not moving or 2m/6feet if he’s moving. Cause that spread is horrible if ppl are jumping, even if you aim directly at them. With a choke hopup it’ll be alot better. But I dont want the peacekeeper choke, but rather a ‘hyper choke’ like you said which’ll instantly choke shots.

If this would happen tho, I can see the devs trolling us and make it a legendary hopup. The reason I think that is that this weapon with shotgun bolt lvl 3 can kill ppl in like 1 sec with good aim if they have no shields or in like 3 secs with reloading. Other weapons kill faster of course but this gun would go from lowest tier to almost the highest. But that’s just my thought tho.

@Cabowse, incendiary rounds would be cool, but the dmg output from the fire would determine the hopup’s worth I’d say. 20DMG/s for 3 seconds would def be a no-go. Everything over 30dmg from flame dmg in total would B OP unless the burn effect is like 5-10 secs and not-stackable. Even then I’d say it should be a legendary hopup.
Message 9 of 12 (601 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q 

Would likely be 25 extra damage per shot max. Maximum damage from a clip would be if you spaced out your shots a couple of seconds apart to get maximum burn time.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 10 of 12 (595 Views)