What to do when EA Help won't help?

by noandpickles

Original Post

What to do when EA Help won't help?

★★ Novice

I've been locked out of my Origin account since my old email address was deactivated by my email provider, preventing me from getting verification codes. I can log into the website through my linked Steam account, but that doesn't let me update any information without a verification code, and it doesn't let me log into the client and actually play my games.

I got in touch with EA Help through their web chat and gave them the verification info they requested. They told me it was incorrect and I should try again. The only things they asked for that I wasn't 100% sure were correct were my IP address (because that can change without notice as often as every 2 weeks, and there's no way for me to know which one I had when I last connected) and the last 4 digits of my payment card (because I've used PayPal for all my game purchases since I created the account over 5 years ago, so I had no reason to keep my card up to date). I repeated that process, trying a different one of my old card numbers, a few times. Eventually, the Help site stopped giving me the option to use the web chat, so my only options were to submit an email ticket (which they would reply to by emailing the address that no longer exists) or call.

So I called, ready to go through the same verification process and give them the last expired card number I hadn't yet tried. But this time, they told me my info was incorrect before we got to that point. The only piece of information I'd given them at that point that could possibly be incorrect was my IP address.

Is EA really using dynamically assigned IP addresses, which almost no one pays any attention to and which can change without notice at any point, as a mandatory part of the account recovery process??

Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)

Re: What to do when EA Help won't help?

Community Manager

Hey @noandpickles if you are unable to verify account ownership then our team would not be able to assist in making any changes or granting access to an account.

The best thing I can suggest is to gather as much additional info as possible and speak with our support again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what the people at the call center said, so I did that, a dozen times or so. Whatever information your team is checking against simply isn't correct.

I have my login information. I have my verification information. I'm not just going to give up because your system was designed by people who don't know what an IP address is. There has to be another way to resolve this.

Message 3 of 4 (245 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @noandpickles if our live support team cannot assist you then there is nothing we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (235 Views)