What to buy: Multiple Super Rares vs One Legendary

by npgibbs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

What to buy: Multiple Super Rares vs One Legendary

★ Guide

I managed to save up 4,110 sparks and was looking to get a shiny new plant. I am debating if I should get 3 or 4 super rare cards or 1 legendary card.

Savage Spinach sounds really interesting. A poor man's plant version to Warlord. I have none. Sounds like a great plant for Grass Knuckles.

Another interesting one is Strawberrian. Unfortunately, my berry deck is not great - I do not have any High Voltage currants that would work great with Strawberrian. And by the calendar it looks like I will not get any for a while.

Sun Strike also sounds great.

Or one Aloesaurus!

Message 1 of 12 (2,514 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: What to buy: Multiple Super Rares vs One Legendary

★★★★★ Guide

Super-Rares, absolutely.

Let me tell you why I think that:

If you craft a single legendary you are only getting that one card, so you may have trouble drawing it.

Drawing one specific card from a deck that has other 39 cards is pretty difficult. I know that a new legendary is something super exciting and that we all want to try it out, but the odds are there. If you spend those 4,000 sparks in crafting 4 super rares, your deck is going to improve significantly higher than if you only crafted 1 card.

In the end it all comes up to what exactly do you want.

If you want to improve your deck, spend those sparks on Super Rares.

If you already have a successful deck but want to improve it further, then craft a Legendary.

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (2,779 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

you have exactly the same conflict as me Large smile 

you need to create a card that will really be useful to you (yes i am very obvious), so if you dont have HVC, or Seargent Berry, I don't recommend you then have Strawberrian.

something I do, is to look for decks on the internet, forums and videos on youtube, and see what cards I need to complete those decks (supposedly powerful decks). for example in this forum ThCakeisalie and Azombioso (and in the end if those decks did not work for you, you can complain to them, not to me, LOL Large smile i'm kidding)  they have published some healing decks, and I think they use Aloesaurus. 

so check if you have the other healing cards, because if you do not have them, it's hard to think of a deck for Aloesaurus.

Message 2 of 12 (2,499 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Super-Rares, absolutely.

Let me tell you why I think that:

If you craft a single legendary you are only getting that one card, so you may have trouble drawing it.

Drawing one specific card from a deck that has other 39 cards is pretty difficult. I know that a new legendary is something super exciting and that we all want to try it out, but the odds are there. If you spend those 4,000 sparks in crafting 4 super rares, your deck is going to improve significantly higher than if you only crafted 1 card.

In the end it all comes up to what exactly do you want.

If you want to improve your deck, spend those sparks on Super Rares.

If you already have a successful deck but want to improve it further, then craft a Legendary.

Message 3 of 12 (2,780 Views)

★ Guide

I ended up going with aloesaurus.

My best deck is a WK healing deck and I felt that would best improve my deck. I thought crafting 2 sun strikes and keeping the rest of sparks to then save up for a legendary but I decided against it.

In my second ranked battle in the diamond league I pulled one on turn 4. I think I would have won regardless but it made that match easier as it lasted until my opponent conceded (turn 8ish).

I think the answer is craft one aloesaurus and save up or hope I can find another one.

Strawberrian was really tempting but I only have 2 Strongberries and no high voltage currants. I really love the sound of super spinach too but the last time I went to war with Grass Knuckles I started losing badly when I stepping into the Diamond League. Admitted I had no Captain Cucumbers then and now I have 3. But Aloesaurus is so good I think I will save up for another one.

Message 4 of 12 (2,473 Views)

★★ Pro
I agree with @Azombioso for the most part, especially when you look at the superrare cards available, you can make some very good decks with no legendary but lots of purple.
But, if you are in the need for something, and that one legendary could complete the deck of course you do that.

As a rule, how I have been collecting my cards, I don't craft from a set until I get recycles of superrare or legendary. Sometimes it is just weird luck and you get a set of superrare and then before you can make a dent in others, you keep pulling doubles. I always get the full sets of superrare, and the legendary come when they come unless I have a good legendary in my sights
Big thing is, superrare are playable almost every moment of the game, whereas legendary are more situational...some of them you rarely get to play or even see because of cost
Message 5 of 12 (2,429 Views)

★★ Guide

Listen to @Azombioso in my humble opinion

Message 6 of 12 (2,420 Views)

★ Guide

Well I did not; I got the one Aloesaurus and I have pulled him around 4-5 times in maybe 20 matches. I believe I lost 1 in all the matches I pulled him.

It is an absolute game changer. I think I even won the match where a sneezing zombie was played on me.

Here is the counter - In order to get multiple Legendaries you have to start at 1. You don't get so lucky to get 2 Captain Cukes even when redeeming a multideck.I wish I had at least 2 Aloesauruses so I have to start with 1.

Also I could not find a super rare that I needed 4 of. The most interesting super rare I could see myself getting is Sun Strike. But I cannot see myself carrying 4 in a deck. Maybe 2. And funny enough I got one in the 100 gem Triassic pack a couple days ago.

Everyone's situation is different so there is no one size fits all. I used 4000 sparks to get max Astro-Shroom a while back (a decision I regret for it is a great card and all but too many cards gave me nightmares when I placed one on the board). Maybe I should have gone Mirror nut but I am missing Pecanolith and the newly added Loco Coco.

Message 7 of 12 (2,401 Views)

★ Guide

Generally, you will want to go for super rares, because getting 4 will make your deck much more consistent than a deck that both lacks those super rare cards, and has only one of the very good(legendary)card. However, if you are close to completing a certain deck, or if you think that the 1 legendary will make a huge difference, then go for the legendary. Usually super rares are more bang for your buck, but there certainly are a lot of exceptions

Message 8 of 12 (2,392 Views)

★★ Guide
Congrats. Can I ask what level you are at?
Message 9 of 12 (2,385 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It just comes down to if the super-rare or the legendary will help your deck be better in the long run, but as stated elsewhere here, if you only have 1 of a legendary, the chances of drawing it in a game are slim, and sometimes you may never see it.

Message 10 of 12 (2,381 Views)