Re: What the point to pay 10$ for this battle pass. i see nothing

by Stinkfinger1345

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

If you dont think the pass is worth it, then dont buy it. That simple. 

Message 21 of 42 (528 Views)

★ Apprentice

@itsNologyTTV wrote:

If you dont think the pass is worth it, then dont buy it. That simple. 

I think the point is they want it to be worth it lol. 

Message 22 of 42 (523 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I am skipping it too. And now I don't have any reason to keep playing this game
Message 23 of 42 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think the angst is coming from this game not having a standard progression system. Like me, a lot of players play for the progression tree. Meaning we play for unlocks. This game only really has one way to progress. And that’s unlocking skins. Can’t rank guns or unlock attachments. So the progression in this game is going for skins. That being said if you pay for the season pass the max chances you get at skins are the 3 that drop for everyone and the octane skin. The rest of your chances are 11 maximum apex packs or 21 packs if you spend the gold on them. That means for the next 3 months your only progression is the 4 guaranteed skins and then some packs with minimal chance of getting a skin to drop. That’s a rather lean progression tree. The only caveat is that you can spend more money to buy coins or packs outside the season pass. So even though you are paying to play by buying the season pass you are still paywalled from progression with only 4 guaranteed skins over the entire course of the season. So they are double pay walling the progression system.

At least this is what I’ve been reading. And I totally understand it. I want to support the game. I want to pay to play. But I don’t want to pay double just to have progression. Playing for fun is great and everything but with nothing to strive for it feels like an empty gaming experience. Unless you pay up of course. If you open your wallet, multiple times, then you have progression.
Message 24 of 42 (489 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well you can cut it two ways:

Don't buy it if you want cool skins. Not much is on offer.

Do buy it if you understand how much it would suck to entertain thousands/millions of people for hundreds of hours each and get nothing in return.

I want to pay only because I've passed the 100 hour mark but also seen that the other store offerings are abysmal. If the game dies before I gave them a single penny that would make me a part of the problem. This is the best way to give them a fair donation for everything they've done up to this point, base game included.

Message 25 of 42 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@cooperal1012  yeah I have played the game for about 300 hours myself, so I think I should buy the pass purely on the entertainment it has given me for nothing. I actually don't mind what they're offering with the pass considering you can make the value back, it looks quite fair.

Message 26 of 42 (473 Views)

★ Guide

Was thinking on buying the battle pass, but changed my mind after reported 3 cheaters yesterday. The time consume in reporting a cheater is high (cut video, encode video, upload video, report on EAC, report on Origin, ...), more than the game where the cheater knocked me down.

The battle pass will not make me play only against players that got the battle pass, and if a cheater spend money on $30+ monthly subscription for cheats, he easily spend on the battle pass.

Will skip this battle pass.

Message 27 of 42 (459 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it's 10 measly dollars stop complaining, this is the first battle pass, they are going to add more stuff in the future, people complaining about not getting FREE apex packs after level 100 in a FREE TO PLAY game. get off your high horses jfc. if you don't wanna buy the battle pass, then dont * buy it. is it that hard?

Message 28 of 42 (414 Views)

★★★ Novice

The game was an experiment that turned out to be one of the best shooters this generation. They have had basically nothing to make money on so far so it had to be rushed. Just think of it as a $10 donation so they can get the content you want developed

Stop thinking the battle pass needs to be some sort of entitlement gift to you, think of it more like a thank you to Respawn for providing you with one of the best f2p games in existence. I mean it is $10, well worth the time and enjoyment you have already put into the game.

Message 29 of 42 (407 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@AzGoshawk wrote:

Was thinking on buying the battle pass, but changed my mind after reported 3 cheaters yesterday. The time consume in reporting a cheater is high (cut video, encode video, upload video, report on EAC, report on Origin, ...), more than the game where the cheater knocked me down.

The battle pass will not make me play only against players that got the battle pass, and if a cheater spend money on $30+ monthly subscription for cheats, he easily spend on the battle pass.

Will skip this battle pass.

Some good news worth mentioning is that they have now included the much requested in-game report feature. Apparently it can be done from the spectator screen after death or when checking your teams banner cards in the squad tab.

Hopefully the message boards will be a bit cleaner for this inclusion. Hopefully.

Message 30 of 42 (394 Views)