What should happen with people who took advantage of the heirloom glitch?

by NotTryingAnymore

Original Post

What should happen with people who took advantage of the heirloom glitch?

★★★★ Novice

As far as we are aware, a huge amount of people have hopped on this glitch, be it intentionally caused or just taking the opportunity with the horrible server issues, to try out heirlooms before deciding wether they actually want to spend their costly heirloom shards on a specific heirloom. What will happen to those people and what do you think should happen? 

Message 1 of 9 (374 Views)

Re: What should happen with people who took advantage of the heirloom glitch?

Champion
@NotTryingAnymore Likely nothing will happen. People keep calling it a glitch like you had to try to do it. You didn't. I didn't do the glitch and randomly realized I could equip heirlooms I did not have. If it was that easy to have happen it isn't on the player.
Message 2 of 9 (371 Views)

★★ Expert
@NotTryingAnymore Never even happened to me. If not for here, never would have known it's a thing.
Message 3 of 9 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@NotTryingAnymore Pretty sure a dev said they won’t ban anyone for it.

No way they’re banning thousands of their customers. The tutorial video of how to do it has been viewed on tiktok 500,000 times.
Message 4 of 9 (358 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree aswell. For me it also happened like that. Given that I'm an og player, scammed with the over 100 extra packs for my first heirloom, I really wanted to try out some heirlooms in the shooting range, hence why I when I saw the option I enabled it on 3 legends. Since at the time where I had my heirloom issues (ofc support was having me run in a circle for 2 weeks each time to no avail as they couldn't figure out what my issue is), I wanted to try the octane heirloom, which is my secondary main. I'm loving it and actually plan on saving up for the next sale to finish the rest 500 and hopefully get the shards this time on time, hence purchasing it. Tbh I'd be highly annoyed if they decided to ban everyone, since we technically spend years or hundreds on something we don't even know if we will like other than some short videos on yt, which is unfair and many people have said it, especially in the case of pathy's heirloom, as its too obstructive for some people. I tried it out and its also on my eventually-to-buy list since it works for me, but like, how am I supposed to even know if I'd like it or not?

Message 5 of 9 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I googled ut after ut happened to me. At first I thought it was a compensation for my heirloom shards missing twice and having to open over a 100 more packs for a heirloom after that since the protection didn't fire...and I was happy as hell...well, then I noticed its on every hero and the rest is history

Message 6 of 9 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@NotTryingAnymoreNothing, it'll be easy enough for them to figure out which accounts have the heirlooms without the Banner and Pose then simply remove that heirloom from the account.

Message 7 of 9 (324 Views)

Champion

Some users have received the heirlooms without even doing anything, showing that there are multiple variations of this heirloom glitch.

No way to tell abusers apart from those who've done it on accident.

This glitch isn't really harmful to gameplay, so it's not something that a company would typically action in such a way.

Message 8 of 9 (310 Views)

@NotTryingAnymore Nothing. Respawn benefits enormously. Players got to taste the nectar, feel powerful... and then it went away. Should help prop up pack sales for the next collection event, which is set to be lackluster.
Message 9 of 9 (296 Views)