What’s your most hated teammate behaviour?

by MassiveVernon

Original Post

Re: What’s your most hated teammate behaviour?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I once had a random TTV on my squad while playing with a friend, who was playing Octane like a crackhead, after getting himself killed quickly, we ran in to grab the banner and killed the enemy squad, on the way to the beacon we were both amused and really * disturbed because the * left his mic on (he smacked it on the desk in rage) while he just went ahead and started beating his child for no reason for like 10 minutes. 

We tried to record it and thats how we learned that you can't record the voice chat on PS4.

Message 31 of 44 (620 Views)

Champion

@ItsTardyjay  running away isn't always the wrong call though to be fair.

Had to do so a couple of days back with 5 teams remaining as the fight was a hot mess with the circle pushing.

Apologised to the dead guy on our way out, he stuck around and got a win for his patience.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 44 (598 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah it’s fine if it’s situational , but when you die after downing two and cracking the third and spectate to find your teammate running away when they have full purple armour and not been shot you just sort of die a little inside Haha .
Message 33 of 44 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice

oh yea for sure. I get that. I've done it. Sometimes it's unavoidable. 

Message 34 of 44 (574 Views)

★★★ Expert

Public game:

The three of us just left a firefight near the game start, we were moving away from the storm I was the only one who was down health, but we were fine.  I pinged for health, having never gotten any because of messed up loot drops, no problem.  One of my mates drops two syringe kits.

The other one picks them up, and doesn't drop them again after another set of pings.

I just left the game. 

Message 35 of 44 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@MassiveVernonPeople pinging loots and after you call dibs on them and while running towards it they change their mind and pick it up.

Context: A teammate pinged a lvl 3 extended light mag. I called dibs and started running towards it. He changed his mind and picked it up. Then we got into a fight with an enemy team and I could have killed 2 people if I had the light mag and what's even more annoying was he was using a prowler and an eva-8 so he wasn't really using the light mag. Now that I was tilted I overchased and got killed by a mastiff after that I just gave up.

Message 36 of 44 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Players that charge on ahead without pinging where they're going or even waiting for rest of squad. It's a squad-based game. You stay with your squad.

Players that solo drop or drop with you then peel off to go where they pinged instead. Again, it's a squad-based game. You stay with your squad.

Selfish players that don't respect the dib or the greedy ones that swipe the health/shields/other item you just found after you already indicated that you need health/shields/other item.

Players that don't join squad chat (I play on Xbox and find many randoms are in Xbox Live parties instead of in squad chat).

Players like the above have no place in a squad-based game like Apex.

Message 37 of 44 (449 Views)

★ Expert

Ugh. I had one today. We landed in the train yard and both my TMs were downed pretty easily. One left but the BH stayed, so I knocked a Bang to get his banner than ran to next closest respawn beacon (not the one at the train yard, for obvious reasons). The ring was breathing down our neck but I pointed out a jump tower, but the BH decided to go chasing after a random Wratih. He gets knocked so I go in and chase the Wraith away, who phases and dies in the ring. We are in the ring now but the BH has crawled to some stupid place so I revive him and we chase towards the jump tower - he makes it but I am knocked on the flight and go tumbling. I assume the BH will come back for me as I crawl towards the ring.

I die. I cut to the BH running off after pumping up their heatlh and shields, leaving me to be eliminated. I was like "dude, I saved your * twice!"

Needless to say, I didn't thank him.

Message 38 of 44 (423 Views)

★★★ Pro

@MassiveVernon 

When your ally playing as Wraith makes a portal off the map like at Overlook.

Message 39 of 44 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I guess what bothers me the most with randoms is the lack of sense of urgency. If I'm desperately fighting to stay alive and could be eliminated at any moment then the teammates (who have been looting all game and have barely fired a shot at anyone) still think that they have 30 seconds to turn around and go check a few boxes for a blue helmet and a barrel stabilizer or whatever. I mean, figure out your priorities... are your odds of winning better with that helmet or with a full team?

I understand that if my team is far away then I can only rely on myself, but if they're right next to me and choose to loot instead of shooting then it just hurts my brain, LOL. This is why it's good to have a fast legend, so you can literally run behind your teammates and hope that they wake up once they get hit by a stray bullet or two :D  

Message 40 of 44 (401 Views)